none
I live in the Bahamas, Why can't I have a developer account?

Question

• Hey there,

My name is Eulond Kelly am 19 years old and I really want to start developing applications. In my opinion, because the windows 8 store is new and isn't over populated, now is the perfect time for me to get in the game for the first time. I am still a college student but I had to take the previous semester off due to an issue with the bank. My Major is Computer Science. Since I've been out of school and working doing construction I spend a lot of my free time between mine craft and reading about developing VB applications(hopefully this will suffice for my first application).

Now I bet your wondering where the problem is, well here it comes. I would like to get my hand on some of the virtual visa that Microsoft is offering for 20 apps, 10 for each store, that's 2K that they're giving away. So when I went to open my developer account, at the very first drop down menu of selecting your country. The Bahamas, which is my country, was NOT AVAILABLE for selection. 

My question is Why and how can I work around this. Or do I have to find another target OS to develop for. 

Thank You

Eulond Kelly III

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:13 AM

All replies

• if you are considering a work around this, you don't need to be citizen from an approved country. All you need is an billing address and bank account and credit card from one of the countries that are on the list. Here is the list, you can look at the bottom of the page.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 3:27 PM