Medical Apps for windows phone (8)

General discussion

• I am a Physician and I have been using windows phone for about 8 years. The main problem many medical professionals and I have with this ecosystem is the paucity or lack of very good medical apps. unlike like ios and android. I don't want to migrate to Apple or Android. Can Microsoft or any other person/group help contact the makers of medical apps to creat beautiful and useful medical apps for this ecosystem? Example of medical apps makers are: Medscape (mobile), Epocrates, Tarascom and Micromedex etc.

Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Just for the need, I created one app and you can try it here: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/medcentral/3ac76aaa-a51b-4171-88dc-cc54e586a375

Hope it helps.

Mayur Tendulkar | http://blog.mayurtendulkar.com

Monday, September 24, 2012 7:31 AM
  • Hi Mr. tendulkar, what is lacking in Windows Phone are medical reference apps like Medscape or Epocrates.  Think these are connected to databases and do not have APIs available to developers.:( Still hoping that they release official apps.
    Wednesday, October 03, 2012 4:10 PM
  • I am also having the same problem. Where are all the good medical Apps? I have been waiting patiently, but there does not seem to be any improvement. The only useful App that I have found is MPR and that is it. There rest of them all about people taking their medications on time etc, which are not of much use for professionals. I hope MS or the developers start to pay more attention after the release of Windows Phone 8. 
    Sunday, November 25, 2012 4:40 AM
  • Please let me know your requirement , I'm a developer mostly develop Windows Store and Phone Apps.

Mail me your needs to ranjancse@gmail.com , lets discuss on how we can develop free or paid Win 9 Phone apps 

Thanks,

Ranjan

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:52 PM
  • I am a Physician and I have been using windows phone for about 8 years. The main problem many medical professionals and I have with this ecosystem is the paucity or lack of very good medical apps. unlike like ios and android. I don't want to migrate to Apple or Android. Can Microsoft or any other person/group help contact the makers of medical apps to creat beautiful and useful medical apps for this ecosystem? Example of medical apps makers are: Medscape (mobile), Epocrates, Tarascom and Micromedex etc.

Same problem here.

Epocrates was always useful on windows mobile. Porting it from android or iOS to windows phone is not an unimaginable leap. I have emailed their support team previously and it seems individual requests are not considered. However, Microsoft should take charge in enticing/porting these apps lest we slowly drift towards the better supported platforms.

Friday, January 04, 2013 6:37 AM
  • Epocrates, radiologyassistant.nl, medscape, webMD, Mobile MIM, Centricity Radiology mobile access, CTisus iQuiz: The HD Edition, merck manual. These would be useful apps.
    Friday, January 04, 2013 6:46 AM
  • hey I am a physician working in the US. I just wanted to inform you that there is a Micromedex app in windows 8 store. If u are a windows phone 8 user like me, what u can do is log into Medscape and pin the drug page to your start screen. You don't have to log in every time u check for a drug , unlike epocrates. Hope this helps.....

Monday, January 07, 2013 8:41 PM
  • That's a great suggestion.  It looks like the site is pretty responsive.  I'm using the merck suite myself, which is great when the internet connection is spotty.  But like everyone else here, I would really love to have epocrates and medscape on windows phone.  I just contacted the developers for both of them, and it seems like they don't have any immediate plans.
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:56 PM
  • Ok...but not enough...WE NEED THOSE APPS. The market is growing, nokia and the others are selling a good number of wp8 phones....So, what have we to do?? We're tired of waiting.
    Sunday, February 24, 2013 7:53 PM
  • alerav89,

I can develop it for you. How many you are ready to pay for it? :-)

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 9:40 AM
  • Well I've written one for helping people keep track of when they are taking medication, however I'm too paranoid to publish it in case there is some bug in the formulas and end up getting sued.  Shame but that's just the way it is. 
    Saturday, March 30, 2013 6:08 PM
  • Here is an app that I have found useful:

http://sdrv.ms/18HZEkV 

It performs calculations useful in the anesthetic management of obese patients, and provides discussion and references to the evidence in the literature.

Sunday, June 23, 2013 8:16 PM

Same problem here.

Epocrates was always useful on windows mobile. Porting it from android or iOS to windows phone is not an unimaginable leap. I have emailed their support team previously and it seems individual requests are not considered. However, Microsoft should take charge in enticing/porting these apps lest we slowly drift towards the better supported platforms.

also skyscape , please microsft push for that
    Monday, July 22, 2013 8:28 PM
  • Medica is also an interesting medical app in windows phone.

Ali Haider

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 10:19 AM
  • Dear Sir, its really inconvenience to all the WP users. because there are many apps are not found in WP store unlike Android store. so kindly update the apps like MedScape, Nymgo, Games like Temple run2, Subway surfers..... Anticipating that the useful apps for Medical Professionals and social media like nymgo will be updated soon.. with regards, Dr. Bahubali JG
    Monday, December 30, 2013 8:13 AM
  • Hello All,

Microsoft is not responsible for creating these apps.

If you wish to see these types of apps available for Windows Phone you should contact the creators of the apps directly and request they support Windows Phone using these links:

Medscape

Epocrates

Tarascom

Micromedex

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Dev Center

Windows 8 UI Developer Support

Monday, December 30, 2013 6:23 PM
  • Hello everyone. I have been a faithful windows phone user, but it has come down to where I am starting my residency, and I cannot find any medical apps like the big names that android and Iphone offers. I dont understand, does Microsoft not want to keep its professionals? I have voiced my concern many times. I carry an Ipad around to get to my apps, and now am just thinking about switching my phone. I have told developers of these apps such as Epocrates to port the app, but they said not enough people have voiced their concerns. Im am frustrated with this. Does anyone feel the same way?

Saturday, January 04, 2014 7:41 PM
  • This thread is oddly similar to another recent thread.  This is a developer forum - and unless the developers of the apps you're looking for ports to are reading this you're better off contacting them directly.
    Sunday, January 05, 2014 1:43 AM
  • I want a medical app like Qx med calculator for my windows 8 based nokia lumia 720
    Thursday, January 09, 2014 2:02 PM