none
Visual Studio 2013 Preview Web Application Error: 'WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions' is undefined on LinkButtons

Question

• I am also having an issue with some Web Application Projects on Win8.1 with either VS2013 or VS2012 I get errors like:

• Error: '__nonMSDOMBrowser' is undefined I get this error when I first run the web application.
    • Error: 'WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions' is undefined” when I click a link button.

But it does seem like the issue is with the projects as new projects seem to work fine, there projects work fine with VS2013 and VS2012 on a Win7 PC.

See image below some resources on the page are never loaded including some WebResource.axd resources it’s not always the same but the first one is usually not loaded, I suspect that something is blocking these files, I have tried turning the firewall of but that made no difference.

'WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions' is undefined

See my blog C# Bits | Twitter @sjnaughton Always seeking an elegant solution.

Friday, July 05, 2013 3:34 PM

All replies

• Hi sjnaughton,

But it does seem like the issue is with the projects as new projects seem to work fine, there projects work fine with VS2013 and VS2012 on a Win7 PC.

Just to make this issue clearly, the same project works well in Windows 7, but it has this issue in windows 8. Am I right?

If so, to make sure that whether it is related to your VS IDE in windows 8, whether it has this issue in other windows 8 machines? Maybe you could share me a simple sample, I will try to run it in the same Environment.

Error: 'WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions' is undefined” when I click a link button.

Not the real asp.net expert, but I did some research about the error, and I found some similar threads in the ASP.net forum.

http://forums.asp.net/t/1267387.aspx/1

http://forums.asp.net/t/1089752.aspx/1

In addition, you would make sure that it is not the .NET Framework issue, and please clean the cache.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15971122/webform-postbackoptions-is-undefined-error-in-ie10

http://blogs.technet.com/b/victorbutuza/archive/2008/12/04/javascript-error-webform-dopostbackwithoptions-is-undefined.aspx

Hope it could provide useful information.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 08, 2013 3:08 AM
  • Hi there I have since done a fresh install of my PC with Win8.1 and VS2010, VS2012 and VS2013 Preview. And now the error is only with VS2013 Preview, the same project on VS2012 work fine.

P.S. I already read all the threads you mentioned :) I'm still trying to create a reporo with a simple project.

Steve

• Edited by sjnaughtonMVP Wednesday, July 10, 2013 11:08 PM Update
    Wednesday, July 10, 2013 11:07 PM
  • Hi Steve,

Glad to receive your reply.

Do you mean that you create the same app in VS2013 or you just open the project (created in VS2012) in VS2013?

If the same project works well in other machine with the same configuration, I’m afraid that you would check your Environment. To make sure that it is not the VS settings, maybe you could copy the setting file from the Windows7 to Win8.1 machine.

As you said that you install the different VS versions in the same machine, my suggestion it that you could try to run the project in a new machine which just install the VS2013, and then check it again. Since it works well in VS2012 after you did a fresh install of your pc, I doubt that it will be related to the VS setup.

Of course, if possible, you could share me a simple sample, I will try to run this app in the same Environment.

If there's any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:15 AM
  • Hi Jack, yes it's several large Dynamic data Web Forms projects on the same PC open and work fine in VS2012 but show the above issue in VS2013 Preview.

I am trying to create a repro to upload as an example

Thursday, July 11, 2013 12:14 PM
  • Hi Steve,

I look forward to hearing from you:)

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

Friday, July 12, 2013 5:34 AM
  • I am getting the same error. I simply created a new web application and added a text box with a validation control to a form. Upon submit the error is generated. If I preview the same page in FireFox it works fine. IE10 causes the error while in preview with the asp.net test server.

I downloaded packages from NuGet with the browser definition files. That doesn't fix the problem.

Hope this clarification helps. Seems to be a basic problem. I have searched for solutions, but none seem to work.

Thanks!

Thursday, August 01, 2013 12:54 AM
  • I have the same problem. New computer with Win8.1, IE10, Visual Studio 2013 preview, .NET4.0, I have opened a project from Win7 and Visual Studio 2010. Part of the Javascript is not loading.

News: It started working. I unchecked the "Enable Browser Link" option. See: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17390158/how-can-i-disable-vwd-js-artery-in-vs-net-2013

• Edited by rbuzeta Friday, August 02, 2013 10:19 PM
    Friday, August 02, 2013 10:01 PM