none
How remove sql 2008 registry entries

Question

• I had installed an evaluation version of sql 2008 on my computer.  I found I did not use it much and simply want to uninstall it and install a free version.  I have run the uninstall and the Add or Remove Programs does not indicate there is any software to remove.  However, when I run msicuu.exe, it shows each element of 2008 present twice on my system.  When I attempt to remove them using this program, I get an Run-time error, '-2147024882 (80007000e).

I have a version of RegCure that I attempted to run and it gets an unexplained error.  So, it appears like something is definitely amiss with my registry.  How do I fix this so I can remove the enterprise edition and get a free version installed?

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Friday, October 23, 2009 3:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Usually we can uninstall SQL Server from Add and Remove Programs/Programs and Features, and then uninstall it. But sometimes, we can not uninstall all conponents of SQL Server, so please run the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility here to remove installation information.

So based on your situation, can you uninstall RegCure first and then try to uninstall SQL Server again.

Any more questions, please feel free to let us know.

ChunSong Feng
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 5:58 AM
  • Also have a look at the link explaining the ways to perform CLEAN UINSTALL OF SQL SERVER.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909967 

Thanks, Leks
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Usually we can uninstall SQL Server from Add and Remove Programs/Programs and Features, and then uninstall it. But sometimes, we can not uninstall all conponents of SQL Server, so please run the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility here to remove installation information.

So based on your situation, can you uninstall RegCure first and then try to uninstall SQL Server again.

Any more questions, please feel free to let us know.

ChunSong Feng
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 5:58 AM
  • Also have a look at the link explaining the ways to perform CLEAN UINSTALL OF SQL SERVER.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909967 

Thanks, Leks
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:02 AM