none
Y-Axis Labels not displaying for a Category Axis

Question

• I have created a 3D Stacked Horizontal Bar Chart.  The Vertical axis properties are

Axis type = category

side margins = auto

interval = 1

interval type = StrConv(Fields!FieldName.Value, 3)

Labels are set to Enable Auto-fit with 

font can be increase to: 10 pt (this option is checked)

font can decreased to: 6pt (this option is checked)

Labels can be rotated: 90 degrees (this option is checked)

Labels can be offset (this option is checked)

Labels can be wrapped (this option is checked)

The label don't appear for every bar on the chart.  It will display for 1st and 3rd.  I have changed the chart type to 100% Stacked Column and no change.  I have changed the font can increase to 6pt and no change.  I have toggled on/off each option under Auto-fit and no changes.  

From reading other threads on this problem it sounded like changing the interval to 1 would solve the problem but it does not.  I have also changed the interval type to 'default' and 'auto' and no change.

I have checked the data set and all records have data in this field.  I even did a substr in the stored procedure to return the 1st 5 characters and it still skips labels.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Thank you,

Lois

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Lois,

In your case, you can try to set the "Interval Type" property to "Auto" or "Default", and then set the "Interval" property to "1". For more information about Specify an Axis Interval (Report Builder 3.0 and SSRS), please refer to the following article below:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd239317.aspx

Regards,
    Bin Long

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Proposed as answer by Manoj A Tuesday, September 06, 2011 9:17 AM
    Tuesday, September 06, 2011 8:03 AM
  • Bin,

Thanks for the reply.  The suggestion did not resolve the problem.  However, I have figured out what the real problem is, but am still looking for a solution on how to resolve...

For the label of each stacked column, I want to display the company name and the total count of defects for that company.  

Under Series Properties:

• Value Field is Count(DEFECT)

When I use the following expression on the Category field, all of the labels do not display

=Fields!COMPANY_NAME.Value + " - " + Count(Fields!DEFECT.Value, "Chart1_CategoryGroup").ToString()

When I set Category field to display name only then all the labels display:  =Fields!COMPANY_NAME.Value

My Category Group is: COMPANY_NAME and my Series Group is: DEFECT

I don't have to display the total count of defects with the company name.  I would prefer it to be at the end of the column, but I have not found an solution for displaying the total count of defects at the top of the column.

Thank you, Lois

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 1:52 PM
  • You can display the total at the top as shown in the articles below

http://road-blogs.blogspot.com/2010/06/display-total-on-top-of-stacked-chart_8589.html

http://community.altiusconsulting.com/blogs/altiustechblog/archive/2011/03/16/ssrs-charting-display-total-on-top-of-stacked-chart.aspx

Hopefully with this you should be able to solve your issue. 

Cheers,
    Jason
    P.S. : Please click the 'Mark as Answer' button if a post solves your problem! :)

Some Random Thoughts

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 2:14 PM