none
License information for this component not found - Excel 2010

Question

• Hi,

I am migrating some Excel VBA macro from Excel 2007 to Excel 2010, but when I try to run it I get the following error:

"License information for this component not found. You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment"

I debugged it and it turned out that the issue is in the creation of an object from a Java class:

Sub testvbi()
    Dim vbi As Object
    Set vbi = JavaNew("TestClass")
    End Sub

I have of course also added the j2ee-cas-com-bridge in order to be able to use JavaNew.

Note that this works fine in Excel 2007 and I get the same error also if I run:

Set vbi = CreateObject("TestClass")

So maybe the license problem is not related to the com-bridge, but maybe to Excel itself?

DSilve

Friday, June 24, 2011 8:52 AM

Answers

• Hi DSilve,

Maybe you want to have a look at this:

PRB: "License Information for This Component Not Found" Error

When a control is installed for run time use only (such as those installed by an application created with Visual Basic), if the Visual Basic Development Environment is installed onto the same machine afterwards and the existing control is of equal or higher version than that from the CD, the license key for that control is not updated.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards, Calvin Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, July 01, 2011 8:24 AM

All replies

• This Microsoft Office 2010 is running on a Windows server 2008 R2.

Are there maybe some restrictions in running macros on a Windows server?

DSilve

Friday, June 24, 2011 12:12 PM
  • Nobody faced the same problem?
    Monday, June 27, 2011 7:10 AM
  • Hi DSilve,

Maybe you want to have a look at this:

PRB: "License Information for This Component Not Found" Error

When a control is installed for run time use only (such as those installed by an application created with Visual Basic), if the Visual Basic Development Environment is installed onto the same machine afterwards and the existing control is of equal or higher version than that from the CD, the license key for that control is not updated.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards, Calvin Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, July 01, 2011 8:24 AM