none
BHO to capture the event when opening of an office document

Question

• Hi all,

we have an issue here concerning the opening of office document via Internet Explorer due to our servers.

We need to make IE open office documents as Firefox does : store it to some temp folder and THEN open it with office, instead of giving the address of the file to office.

To do these custom actions, I would like to capture the opening event via a BHO. As i'm a c# developer, I try to look in this direction, but I'm open to other ways.

I searched the net and I found some interesting information about developing a DownloadManager using an IDownloadManager.

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/CSIEDownloadManager-8ab5d910/sourcecode?fileId=22583&pathId=1096685221

It is launched when the "save" button of the "open/save as" dialog is pressed. It's great but I personally need to capture the event when the user click on "open"

Anyone knows the interface to use to capture this event ?

Regards,

Habib BELABBES

Monday, August 22, 2011 3:45 PM

All replies

• You could look for links that end in .xls or whatever file types you care about.  Then register onClick handlers for those links.  It really depends on how your site is setup and what you reasonably expect your users to be doing.
    Monday, August 22, 2011 6:56 PM