Thursday, September 10, 2009 8:39 AMWhen i try to install the Visual Studio 6.0 in Vista , am getting following error message,
"setup was unable to create a DCOM user account in order to register 'C:\programs Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools\VS-Ent98\Vanalyzr\valec.exe"
Can someone help me to solve this error.
Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:20 AMHi,
Visual Studio Analyzer, which is one of the products that is included in Visual Studio Enterprise Edition version 6.0, cannot create the local user account that it needs to run because the security policies for users. Heres how to get it to install:
Re-install Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition without Visual Studio Analyzer:
- Use the Custom setup, on the Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise - Custom page, click Enterprise Tools, and then click Change Option.
- On the Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise - Enterprise Tools page, under Options, make sure the Visual Studio Analyzer check box is not selected.
- Click to select all the other Visual Studio components that you want to install, and then click OK.
- Click Continue, and then follow the instructions that appear.
- In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs, and then click Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition.
- Click Change/Remove.
- In Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Setup, click Add/Remove.
- On the Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise - Maintenance page, click Enterprise Tools, and then click Change Option.
- On the Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise - Enterprise Tools page, under Options, click Visual Studio Analyzer, and then click OK.
- On the Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise - Maintenance page, click Continue, and then follow the instructions that appear.
When you receive the error message that is described in the "Symptoms" section, continue with the Visual Studio Setup Wizard. Setup reports a failure.
- On the computer that is running Visual Studio Enterprise Edition 6.0, create a local user. For information about how to create a local user, see Windows 2000 Help.
- Run Distributed COM Configuration (dcomcnfg.exe).
- On the Applications tab, click MSVSA Local Event Concentrator Class, and then click Properties.
- On the Identity tab, set This User to match the user and password you created in step 1 of this procedure.
See this link for more information about your problem: