Discuss how to develop .NET applications using workflow functionality provided by Windows Workflow Foundation versions using the .Net Framework 3.0 and 3.5.
This Forum Has Been Retired
WF 3 Deprecation
In .NET 4 the Workflow Team released an all new Workflow engine in the System.Activities namespace. With the release of .NET 4.5 Beta we are marking the types in the “WF 3” System.Workflow namespace as obsolete. The following assemblies have one or more public types that will be deprecated:
As a result, customers who are using the deprecated WF 3 APIs will encounter build warnings with a message similar to “ Warning BC40000: X is obsolete: ‘WF 3 types are deprecated. Please use WF 4 instead.’ ” We will remove the types from the .NET Framework in a future release, but we have not yet determined that timeframe (not in 4.5). This current step allows us to communicate our direction to our customers and allow them plenty of time to move to the new WF4 model. We will, of course, continue to support these WF 3 types under the Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy.
Rules related types (e.g. System.Workflow.Activities.Rules), which do not have a replacement in WF 4.5, have not been deprecated.
Customers who want to migrate their applications to WF 4 will find help in the WF 4 Migration Guidance articles on MSDN and the WF Migration Kit on the WF CodePlex site.
This Forum is for Windows Workflow Foundation Version 3 and 3.5
This Forum will handle questions for all of the 3.0 and 3.5 versions of Workflow. With the release of Visual Studio 2010 and the .Net Framework 4, we have created a new Forum for the latest version of Windows Workflow Foundation here. Please do not post any questions in here that do not pertain to Windows Workflow.
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 218737Ed Hickey Thursday, April 03, 2008 9:03 PM
- 11514Muhammed Ali Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:49 AM
- 53295Tr1stan Monday, January 09, 2012 11:44 AM
- 99792Razi bin RaisMicrosoft EmployeeSaturday, April 22, 2006 8:11 PM
- 01084Ryan7662 Monday, December 10, 2012 4:26 PM
- 33563Ishteyak ahmad Sunday, January 24, 2010 6:57 PM
- 41348HeatherB.rsa Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:55 PM
- 01141Joel S Thursday, December 06, 2012 10:03 AM
- 11199suresh Nelluri Friday, November 23, 2012 5:10 AM
- 11172Alessandro Fiorencis Monday, November 19, 2012 2:41 PM
- 01300Alessandro Fiorencis Tuesday, November 20, 2012 11:45 AM
- 32220HarithaBatt Saturday, June 16, 2012 7:19 AM
- 94941Nandan Naik Monday, April 12, 2010 7:31 PM
- 21556Tomasz Krawczynski Tuesday, October 02, 2012 6:41 PM
- 11715ot1924 Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:28 AM
- 01272Srdjan_Njiric Saturday, October 13, 2012 12:02 PM
- 11484Shuyuntake Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:23 PM
- 11315Waseem Bukhari Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:40 AM
- 64411dheh Thursday, April 22, 2010 5:27 AM
- 11562Flavio Terenghi Tuesday, October 02, 2012 10:06 AM
- 11635Sudha496 Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:11 AM