Discuss Windows SDK Documentation, Samples and Tools.
Released: Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (RTM version)Karin Meier Monday, August 10, 2009 11:06 PM
The RTM release of the Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is now available for download in both ISO and Web Setup format. Web setup allows you to install a specific subset of the SDK you select without having to download the entire SDK. The DVD ISO setup allows you to download the entire SDK to install later. This release of the SDK has three ISOs to choose from. You should pick the version that matches the CPU (x86, x64, or Itanium) you are installing on. Each ISO will allow you to build applications that target all the other CPU platforms. If you install the x86 ISO (which only installs on x86 platforms), you will be able to create applications targeting x86, x64, and Itanium.
Visual Studio Compatibility:
Please check out the top-level Getting Started section in the SDK documentation for a full description of what’s new in the SDK as well as recent posts to this blog – such as New Win32 Samples in Windows SDK for Windows 7: Windows User Interface or New Tools in Windows SDK for Windows 7.
Check the Windows SDK blog and the Windows SDK MSDN Developer Center over the coming weeks for more information about the Windows SDK. Please read the Release Notes for a description of known issues before you install the SDK. The Release Notes also have instructions on how to use the different components in the SDK.
If you are having problems downloading or installing this SDK, read Troubleshooting Windows 7 SDK Download/Install.
Tell us what you think:
Send your thoughts to the Windows SDK Feedback alias. Tell us how you use the SDK and what we can do to make your life easier.
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 019888Karin Meier Friday, August 03, 2007 5:31 AM
- 145Dave Burns Saturday, May 18, 2013 3:00 PM
- 288narainabhi Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:19 PM
- 055simdoc Thursday, May 16, 2013 11:22 PM
- 156the wond3rer Thursday, May 16, 2013 6:56 PM
- 6104Grant Bonnell Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:43 PM
- 058Clifford Maloney Wednesday, May 15, 2013 8:28 PM
- 062Clifford Maloney Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:58 PM
- 049TerryE Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:02 PM
- 1139Armando Horcajo Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8:06 PM
- 2130MT27 Monday, May 13, 2013 3:13 AM
- 3150Aakash Tiwari Sharp Monday, May 13, 2013 7:03 AM
- 55599wolfgang.bruessler Monday, January 08, 2007 12:18 PM
- 191SK.Razee Thursday, May 09, 2013 11:57 AM
- 059W. Sabir Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:09 PM
- 054W. Sabir Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:07 PM
- 3143JesterSks Sunday, May 05, 2013 12:41 AM
- 081liangwang1985 Saturday, May 11, 2013 2:03 AM
- 074Garyc618 Friday, May 10, 2013 9:43 PM
- 10893David F. VS2008 Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:04 AMLast Reply Renjith V RamachandranMicrosoft Community ContributorFriday, May 10, 2013 1:27 PM
Why does use of Invalidaterect causing flickering in windows 7 and windows server 2008 but not in windows 2003 server?Mohan Kumar N A Wednesday, April 03, 2013 12:42 PMLast Reply Renjith V RamachandranMicrosoft Community ContributorFriday, May 10, 2013 12:26 PM