This forum is for feedback on and questions relating to the WPF and Silverlight Designer Tools in Visual Studio 2008 and 2010.
WPF and Silverlight Designer Talk at TechEd USA 2010DEV313 | Making the Most of the Microsoft Silverlight and WPF Designer in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010Session Type: Breakout SessionTrack: Developer Tools, Languages & FrameworksSpeaker(s): Mark Wilson-Thomas, Mark BoulterLevel: 300 - AdvancedBuilding Silverlight and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) applications has become much more straightforward in Visual Studio 2010. Whether you’re already a seasoned WPF/Silverlight developer or the technologies are new to you, come along to this session and see a data-driven Silverlight application built up from scratch using the new designer features – we show you tips and tricks for how to leverage the new tooling to get great results with the least sweat!
Visual Studio 2010 is RTM! Please send us your feedback...
The Visual Studio WPF and Silverlight Designer Team is delighted to inform you that Visual Studio 2010 RTM is now available! Take a look at http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/download
What's New for WPF and Silverlight Developers in Visual Studio 2010 ?
1. The Silverlight Designer is a fully functional drag-drop designer for Silverlight 3 RTM release out of the box, and for Silverlight 4 via an add-on (for info see http://blogs.msdn.com/wpfsldesigner/archive/2010/04/15/silverlight-4-releases-silverlight-4-tools-for-visual-studio-2010-rtm-available-now.aspx)
2. The Data Sources Window works for Silverlight 3 and 4
3. The Property Browser has been reworked to be more usable – showing a better Category view and a "Set Properties" view
4. The designer now lets you load controls that have references to static resources at app scope
5. The designer shows helpful errors when things such as controls fail to load, without the need to attach a debugger to Visual Studio.
Check out these Channel 9 videos for more info:
Designing Data Driven Forms
Styling Your Forms
We hope you enjoy the new release, and are really looking forward to hearing your feedback.
You can send both positive and negative feedback and questions to us using this Forum, and we also encourage you to raise any bugs and issues you find via Connect (see this article on how to raise bugs in Cider)
Program Manager, WPF & Silverlight Designer in Visual Studio
Final Release of Silverlight 4 Tools for Visual Studio 2010 is now available!
This Forum Has Been Retired
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 625872Mark Boulter Monday, April 16, 2007 3:55 PM
- 3130625Brett Kilty [MSFT] Wednesday, February 13, 2008 9:57 PM
- 020519Mark Boulter Thursday, August 02, 2007 7:49 PM
- 023883chadr - msft Monday, December 19, 2005 7:20 PM
- 11319Kartik Sharma 1607 Wednesday, December 05, 2012 6:45 AM
- 31149Stian A. Fagereng Tuesday, December 04, 2012 1:44 PM
- 72210Joel Palmer Friday, October 19, 2012 6:04 PM
- 11008g3rdi Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:13 AM
- 119014ZenkeiRich Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:56 AM
- 73156774ReneeC Thursday, November 16, 2006 7:33 PM
- 11293hanisafa Friday, November 09, 2012 10:24 AM
- 01189Andrew Nourse Wednesday, December 05, 2012 5:25 PM
- 73015NickPollard76 Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:26 PM
- 21802teregg Friday, August 17, 2012 10:01 AM
I am getting this error when I load the Windows 7 phone application template in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010Ben.Pointer Wednesday, December 05, 2012 11:37 AM
- 01022ashutoshuni123 Wednesday, December 05, 2012 4:38 AM
- 11881Aleksandr Vishnyakov Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:17 PM
- 0967s liu Tuesday, December 04, 2012 8:21 PM
- 01037StefanoGalante Tuesday, December 04, 2012 7:16 PM
- 01068ANBUPAAVAI Tuesday, December 04, 2012 2:13 PM
- 0672spiikel Monday, December 03, 2012 9:01 PM
- 0591s liu Monday, December 03, 2012 8:51 PM
- 0664setecastronomy Monday, December 03, 2012 10:09 AM
- 0497rocky_coder Monday, December 03, 2012 9:46 AM