Friday, July 20, 2012 10:00 AM
My SharePoint farm have about 9000 users. I configured User Profile Service, import and synchronize users from AD. It is all OK.
Last week, I found a very strange specific case: I have a user (called it AAA). I can see the "My profile" of AAA, but I can not search this user profile in "Manage User Profile" page of the User Profile Service Application.
After doing further investigation, I found that:
- All other users can be searched in "Manage User Profile" page.
- The number of profile imported from AD is correct (that means it include AAA profile)
- I tried to "Create a new profile" in "Manage User Profile" for AAA but get this error "The user you were trying to create already exists."
- Using PowerShell, I found that AAA's user profile exists and I can get all information of AAA profile.
- I can edit AAA's user profile by access directly this link:
- I check the User profile connection to AD, the OU that contains user AAA is checked.
- I ran full profile synchronization many times but can not search AAA user profile in "Manage User Profile" page
How can I fix it? This issue is very very strange!!!
Saturday, July 21, 2012 9:54 PM
In Manage User Profile page, did you select the sub-type: Profile Missing from Import while searching for the user? Is the user profile marked for deletion?
Is the My Site clean up job running?
As outlined in http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff681014.aspx, you can view and purge such non-imported objects with the below commands
To view the users and groups to delete:
Set-SPProfileServiceApplication $upa -GetNonImportedObjects $true
To delete the obsolete users and groups:
Set-SPProfileServiceApplication $upa -PurgeNonImportedObjects $true
- Edited by Guru Karnik Monday, July 23, 2012 11:41 PM
Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:21 AM
Thanks for you reply.
1. I did selelect the sub-type: Profile Missing from Import while searching for the user but I still can not find.
2. I use your cmdlet to check, the user profile is NOT marked for deletion.
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 6:25 AMModerator
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 10:24 AM
I typed the account name, login name, and even first name, last name,... of this person but can not find. For the others, it is OK.
I don not understand the meaning of "fuzzy query", can you explain with more details?
Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:34 PM
sorry I'm not able to help. But I have exactly the same issue.