Thursday, May 24, 2012 12:30 PMI am told by my manager to create a DNS entry say "abc" and then when typed in explorere it will take me to a specific site on sharepoint. Any help appreciated.
Thursday, May 24, 2012 12:42 PMModerator
1. First add an entry in DNS.
2. Now you need to create web application and site collection in sharepoint. So do it.
3. Once you done this then you can configure the alternate access mapping to open your site with your DNS name.
Let us know if you have any issue
Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:30 PM
Correct, I have used these steps to setup DNS.
- Edited by Amit KM Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:31 PM
Friday, June 01, 2012 10:21 AM
I created DNS Alias record under "AcademySharepoint" for the Sharepoint server sharepointserver2010.domain.local
I want to create AAM record to map "AcademySharepoint" to http://sharepointserver2010/*****/*******/SitePages/Home.aspx
I have come across with this opage for configuring AAM on Sharepoint but its telling me to map different name for whole site not for a specific site on sharepoint. Any help will be grateful?
- Edited by IBKhan Wednesday, June 06, 2012 9:40 AM