Thursday, May 24, 2012 1:35 PM
- I downloaded this http://webservicestudio.codeplex.com to test the web services.
- I tested userprofileservice.asmx and tested hand full of methods and it returns expected result.
- Then I tested UserGroup.asmx , tested GetGroupCollectionFromUser and put the user (domain\mSmith) and it returned data but group names are nulled
- so I tested another method for the same endpoint. GetuserCollectionFromGroup and this time I put in custom group and I get error. But I put Approvers or Designers for the group I get xml with users in it.
I do have "anyone can see the group" checked at the group setting level. Anything else I am missing.
Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:04 PMAnswerer
You would have to try asking about this Codeplex project on it's site. I noticed that the project has not been updated in 4 years (since 2008) so for a start, it would be based on the 2007 version of SharePoint. I would not expect that version to work 100% with the new version of SharePoint without an update. In short, I would recommend that you try using the references to web services as documented on Technet instead.
Thursday, May 24, 2012 3:12 PM
I need to implement userGroup.asmx in Infopath. So that codeplex tool just a tool to test web services method. so your reply does not make sense.
I need to hide fields in InfoPath based on the SP Groups. and trying to use usergroup.asmx web services.
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:48 AMModerator
Hi Moe Ahmed Jamil,
Based on testing, I can invoke the UserGroup.asmx and method GetGroupCollectionFromUser method from Console Application. It means the method works as well.
You can go ahead and use it the service in the InfoPath form.
In addition, it can't work in WebService Studio in my side too.
Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff AT microsoft.com(Please replace AT with @)
- Marked As Answer by Rock Wang– MSFT Thursday, June 07, 2012 3:17 AM
Thursday, June 07, 2012 1:22 PMThank you for testing the web services for me. But why can't I get this work in Infopath. Why do I have open the connection file with notepad and make bunch of changes.