Thursday, December 08, 2011 10:11 PM
I'm having this issue in a FBA SharePoint site (MOSS 2007).
- I've enabled the Client Integration in CA
- I've check marked Enabled anonymous access
- I have to remove the Automatically sign me in on login.aspx - since cookie persistence is a security risk. I know someone may raise it up, but I cannot go that direction.
- I've allowed WebDAV on IIS
- Problematic PCs have Office 2007
- When on some PCs, browsing from IE is OK, clicking Edit in MS Word in ECB only opens up blank Word application, no login prompt, document won't open.
- When on some other PCs, Edit in MS Word can trigger login prompt, and open the document fine. But when click on Save As, the save as dialog doesn't have the folder structure of the document library.
Can someone please help resolve my issues for FBA with Office Integration?
I hope I've explained the issues clearly. Any help is appreciated!
- Edited by Bin_ Thursday, December 08, 2011 10:13 PM update text
Friday, December 09, 2011 1:50 AMHi Bin_,
In SharePoint 2007, there is no good intégration out of the box between an FBA secured site and Office client applications. There is a workaround proposed by Microsoft but it must be configured on the client side. Here is the link :
Update on SharePoint forms based authentication(FBA) and Office client
I agree with you that 'Automatically sign me in' cookie can be risky but it can help when it comes to FBA and Office integration.
Hope this helps,
Friday, December 09, 2011 7:56 PM
Issue #1 resolved. Steve's blog talked about KB 960499, but it is out dated. It should be KB2509488 ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2509488 ). It is caused by the file called MSO.DLL. The good PC has version of MSO.DLL in 12.0.6554.5001, the bad PC has version in 12.0.6554.5000.
Now it is issue #2.