Monday, April 30, 2012 3:04 PM
I had exported a list to excel and saved teh queary. I set the queary so that whenever I open Excel it automatically refreshes. On Friday, I notices it was no longer getting all the data from my SP2007 list. I checked the View that I had created to make sure there were no filters on it (in case that was causing the problem). There were no filters and I can see the data in SP with this view but just not in excel. It is a fairly large list of about 950 items.
I am not sure how to troubleshoot this to see where the problem is and how to resolve it.
Tuesday, May 01, 2012 2:18 AM
First of all, did the issue occur on all machines? If not, please make sure all the clients are on the same SP level as the normal ones.
Second, please make sure you have select the Enable background refresh and Refresh data when opening the file options. And save the Excel file in a trusted location.
Finally, the export file is an web query file, which contains a URL and other parameters needed to make queries over the internet. You can re-export the list to an Excel web query file, then test the result.
For more information about how to check the settings in the second suggestion, please refer to the following article:
Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rock Wang TechNet Community Support