Sunday, June 15, 2008 6:28 PM
I have a SharePoint 2007 server farm on which I am running Excel Services in one SSP and one server. I attempt to run the sample and get the following errors:
Excel Calculation Service EventID 5226
Unable to create or access workbook cache at \\DEV\WORKBOOKS\EIS_SSP213568301. Excel Services is unable to function without a workbook cache.
Excel Calculation Service EventID 2026
An internal error occurred.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, DirectorySecurity dirSecurity)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
at Microsoft.Office.Excel.Server.CalculationServer.BaseWorkbookManager..ctor(ExcelServerApp excelApp)
at Microsoft.Office.Server.Diagnostics.FirstChanceHandler.ExceptionFilter(Boolean fRethrowException, TryBlock tryBlock, FilterBlock filter, CatchBlock catchBlock, FinallyBlock finallyBlock)
.NET Runtime EventID 1023
.NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.1433 -
Office SharePoint Server EventID 5000
EventType ulsexception12, P1 w3wp.exe, P2 6.0.3790.3959, P3 45d6968e, P4 mscorlib, P5 22.214.171.124, P6 471ebc5b, P7 13316, P8 305, P9 ioexception, P10 89rs.
I am running Windows 2003 R2 with SP1. I've set the workbook cache on E:\Workbooks on the DEV server which is a physical SQL server hosting the SharePoint database and running Excel Web Services. The other Sharepoint servers are virtualized, including the one running CA. Is there some problem with the virtualization of SharePoint and setting the workbook cache on a physical server in a location other than the default in C:? Any suggestions regarding this set of EventIDs that are triggered each time I attempt to run the sample? What is the subfolder EIS_SSP213568301 being created?
On a second issue: When I attempt to enter a new message to the forum from the server, I can enter a subject but not any text in the message text box. I'm entering this message from a remote Vista workstation. Any answers?
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 1:44 PM
dslaby, I had this same type of error and the way I resolved it was to actually fix another error. The employer I work for sets up the log files in a different location then the default installation and the issue were the groups that require proper access were not configured correctly.
Question 1: Does \\DEV\WORKBOOKS\EIS_SSP213568301 exist?
Question 2: Does WSS_ADMIN_WPG and WSS_WPG have rights as indicated below to the directory location indicated above?
The account that Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 is using does not have sufficient rights to the trace log
To check the permissions assigned to the log file folder
If you do not know the location of the folder, see the "To find the location of the log file folder" procedure. By default, the location is "Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web extensions\12\LOGS" but the location can be changed in Central Administration.
Navigate to the folder, right-click the folder, and then click Properties.
On the Security tab, the WSS_ADMIN_WPG Windows group should have Full Control and the WSS_WPG Windows group should have Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, and Read permissions or higher on the folder. If they do not, assign these permissions by using the procedure in the "Assign sufficient permissions" section.
Website - http://www.mmwebs.com Blog - http://moojjoo.blogspot.com/
Thursday, October 23, 2008 5:28 PMI ran into this same 5226 error (after excel had already been functioning for several weeks). I also had already changed the permissions on the workbook cache location, so that wasn't the problem.
To fix the problem, I ended up just stopping Excel Services and then starting it again. Everything began to function again.
- Proposed As Answer by sayitfast Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:49 PM
Friday, April 27, 2012 10:29 AM
I was having the same issue even though my Excel Services had been running for a couple of months:
- Check that you have enough space on the destination hard drive
- Check the folder exists (in my case it didnt)
- Check permissions for the application pool service account on the folder
- If neccesary change the directory to a hard drive with available space
- Stop and start Excel Services on the server in Central Admin
After the stop and start, Excel Services created the cache in the new location and started working again.