Tuesday, August 07, 2012 7:30 AM
I have customized the OOB SPD 2010 approval workflow and I am generating the Current Workflow Task URL using the selection in Designer as Data Source: Workflow Context ; Field From Source: Current Item URL.
The workflow is configured on a Form Library and the Tasks List is created in the root site. I have two questions pertaining to it.
Question 1: What is the best field I can promote from InfoPath form publishing settings to the Content Type in order to be able to store the above Task Link Url in my InfoPath form source code and how do I avoid any URL truncation?
- I have ruled out Single line of text because of the 255 characters limitation/truncation. The workflow sometimes fails to update the field throwing the following error "The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information"
- I have created Multi Line Text Fields in the Form Library first and then mapped it to a Promoted field in InfoPath but the Field appears to be non-editable making it not available for selection in the SPD Designer Workflow.
Question 2: Generally the designer workflow task is generated as http://servername:portnumber/sites/SiteCollection/_layouts/WrkTaskIP.aspx?List="Guid"&ID="Number" but occasionally it also adds the "Web" parameter in the end apart from the "List" and "ID" parameters such as http://servername:portnumber/sites/SiteCollection/_layouts/WrkTaskIP.aspx?List="Guid"&ID="Number"&Web="Guid". Why/When does the Web parameter get added occasionally to the Task Link URL?
- Edited by Bhargav Reddy a.k.a Oru Brandhan Tuesday, August 07, 2012 11:34 AM Rephrased
Thursday, August 09, 2012 2:49 AMModerator
Friday, August 10, 2012 3:34 PM
Do you mean something like this?
This would allow you to use a URL like
without any issues (the double '?'s will not work without encoding one of them).
- Edited by antshsh Friday, August 10, 2012 3:35 PM
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 5:09 AM
When you publish the InfoPath form, you need to select the checkbox "Allow users to edit data in this field by using a datasheet or propertis page" then the field will be editable in SPD.
I haven't seen scenarios that there is no web id in the query string for the custom task form. Please give more details so I may repro it.
Jing Wang | Microsoft Online Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Entan MingMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:21 AM