Monday, April 23, 2012 9:46 AM
I have a custom list and a workflow on it. The workflow will send email if any item is changed. Now if this email workflow is done then I need another workflow that will disable the form 'Save' button. So for further no one will be able to click on 'Save' button.
So my concern is that if any item changed in the custom list then a workflow will send an email to someone and if this email workflow is done then another workflow will need to disable the 'Save' button of this form item for ever. So no one will be able to make changes on this list item if the email is sent.
So i need the workflow to how we can disable the 'Save' button
I am new to SharePoint
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:50 AMModerator
Based on your description ,I understand that you have customized the list form in InfoPath designer .Now you want to use a workflow to disable the Save button on the form ribbon .
If so ,you should look for another workaround . You cannot use workflow to disable the Save button on the form ribbon .But you can hide a save button on the form using workflow .
- Open the form in InfoPath Designer .
- Choose File>Advanced Form Options .Uncheck ‘Show InfoPath commands in Ribbon or Toolbar’ .
- Add a button on the form . Edit the button property .Set the action as ‘Submit’.
- Then you can add formatting rules on the button .Set the condition like if field1 equals 1 .
- Use the workflow to set the field1 to 1 .The submit button will be hidden after the workflow finished running .
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Entan MingMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Thursday, May 03, 2012 7:38 AM