user name randomly changes to some one else consistently. (InfoPath 2007,MOSS,Document Information Panel - Word 2007)
Monday, February 27, 2012 4:29 PM
i have a infopath form, that is used to submit info and saved in infopath forms library. it captures author and contributor fields. the values of the author and contributor are copied to a document library bound to the same content type. There is a document in the library with the document information panel(DIP) of same content type.
When the document is opened, the original user name is displlayed for a fraction of second and is immediately changed to someone else in the DIP. It happens all the time to the same users and the new name is consistently same. This behavior does not happen to only a handful of users.
I have imported all the users from AD into SP 2007. I have added the users to the site permissions same as for the persons for whom the app is working as expected.
What could be going on??? any help/insight is greatly appreciated.
Could it have to do with anything related to User Profiles? This happens only for some users.... losing my sanity.. any direction?
- Edited by prasad-a Tuesday, February 28, 2012 11:20 PM
Friday, March 02, 2012 11:52 AMModerator
I suggest you to checked the option” Always show Document Information Panel on document open and initial save for this content type </label><//label>” . You can do it as the following steps.
- Open your document library.
- Settings->Document Library Settings->Content Types->Document
- Settings->Document Information Panel settings.
- Please check the option” Always show Document Information Panel on document open and initial save for this content type </label><//label>”
Monday, March 05, 2012 2:55 PM
Jack, Thanks for the response.
That option is already enabled. The values in the list are stoerd correctly, it is also retrieved correctly from what I can tell, and there is a quick flicker and the value changes to a random user.
Having a hard time figuring out if it is a server issue client issue.
1) Client machine Vista+Office 2007+IE8 (STG)--> Some users show up ok. Some dont.
2) Client machine Vista+Office 2007+IE8 (PRD)--> All users in DIP show up ok.
3) Client machien Win7+Office2010+IE8 (STG + PRD) --> All users show up ok in DIP
4) Client machine Vista+Office2010+IE8 (STG+PRD) --> All users show up ok.
Number 2 above indicates it could be server issue, but 3 and 4 prove otherwise. Any one have an issue like this???
- Edited by prasad-a Thursday, March 08, 2012 10:00 PM