Tuesday, March 27, 2007 2:28 PMRecently i am struggeling around with deploying problems of workflows...
I tried the mostly known tutorials about creating and deploying workflows (msdn, nick swan) but i have the problem that my workflow always shows up with the "inactive" status in sharepoint workflow administration...
when i try to assign it to a document library i even can't pick it from the workflow choice field (there are only the standard workflows which turn up with "active" in the sharepoint administration).
is this a security problem?
here are my .xml samples from the project:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- _lcid="1033" _version="12.0.3111" _dal="1" -->
<!-- _LocalBinding -->
ReceiverAssembly="Microsoft.Office.Workflow.Feature, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c"
<ElementManifest Location="workflow.xml" />
<Property Key="GloballyAvailable" Value="true" />
<!-- Value for RegisterForms key indicates the path to the forms relative to feature file location -->
<!-- if you don't have forms, use *.xsn -->
<Property Key="RegisterForms" Value="*.xsn" />
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<!-- _lcid="1033" _version="12.0.3015" _dal="1" -->
<!-- _LocalBinding -->
CodeBesideAssembly="SignatureWorkflow, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b3c120ebabbe0bfa"
<!-- Tags to specify InfoPath forms for the workflow; delete tags for forms that you do not have -->
<Modification_GUID_Name>Name of Modification</Modification_GUID_Name>
hope that someone can help me...
Thursday, March 29, 2007 2:18 AM
A few thoughts:
1. Does theWorkflow show up as a Feature? Is that what you mean by " 'inactive' status in sharepoint workflow administration"?
2. This may be stupid, but delete the FormURN tags from workflow.xml instead of commenting them out
3. When you run install.bat (for WSS) or postbuildactions.bat (for MOSS) to install the workflow, does everything register, copy and activate OK? Put a "pause" at the end of the files if you need to so you can see what is happening or simply scroll back through the VS.Net Output window. Any errors?
4. I'll assume that your assembly is getting added to the GAC OK. It would be strange if this was the problem - it would cause other problems
5. Is anything showing up in the ULS logs (...\webserver extensions\12\LOGS)?
6. From your XML files it looks like you're using MOSS. Is this the case?
post back with more info and I'll try to help.
Thursday, May 03, 2007 1:11 PMI am also facing the same problem.
I am using MOSS. Install.bat is not giving any error. The workflow is being listed in Galleries=>Workflows. But the status is shown as Inactive.
When I try activating it again using
"c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN\STSADM.EXE" -o deactivatefeature -filename MyWorkflow\feature.xml -url http://localhost
it says feature already activated. What could be the problem? There is nothing wrong in the logs!
Friday, May 04, 2007 5:57 AMahhh.. it got solved. Problem is in the install.bat.We have to install it to the actual site not to the localhost.