Wednesday, August 04, 2010 7:15 PMIs there an user manual for Sharepoint Foundation 2010? We downloaded this product in order to create an intranet for our firm, but the software is NOT intuitive and does not provide clear click-by-click instructions on how to do this. We need an instruction manual asap, that includes a sub-section on how to easily design and create an intranet. Thank you.
Wednesday, August 04, 2010 8:51 PM
There is no user manual. Even though SharePoint 2010 is a recent release, there are dozens of books on the subject. There would be no way to put all the information you would need into a quick and easy manual. If it were me, I would look at purchasing a book that would get you started. If you need a recommendation, I can send over a bunch that my colleagues and I have authored. A free option is to look at TechNet: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee428287.aspx
Another option would be to take some SharePoint training. Ideally, you will need all three.
Chris Caravajal MCTS SharePoint Help
- Marked As Answer by Aaron Han - MSFT Friday, August 13, 2010 1:24 AM
Wednesday, August 04, 2010 11:42 PM
Chris is spot on. Heaps of books on Amazon - I would recommend Chris' (Todd Klindt / Shane Young) book and also check out the book that is in my signature ;)
In addition you should look at the Productivity Hub from MS
The Productivity Hub is a Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 site collection that offers training materials for end-users.
The Hub is a SharePoint Server site collection for 2007 and 2010 that serves as a learning community and is fully customizable. It provides a central place for your training efforts, and includes training content from Microsoft’s core products. Microsoft also provides ongoing and updated content packs.
The Hub uses SharePoint Server’s social networking capabilities, such as blogs and discussion groups. In addition, it offers the Coach program, a change management feature to help you train end users to self-help, reducing the burden on your training and IT staff. The Coach program impacts productivity in a collaborative and positive way.
The 2010 version of the Productivity Hub includes a quiz feature, a section called ‘Get it Done’ that offers training for tasks such as email management and collaboration, and also features Silverlight. There will be a non-Silverlight version of the 2010 Hub delivered in late June.
The 2007 Hub contains 2007 content only (v2) with 2010 content added in v3 (to be released in June 2010). You can also add 2010 content packages to your current Hub. Watch for more document on migration from your 2007 Hub to your 2010 Hub.
What the Productivity Hub is:
- Format: Pre-loaded SharePoint site collection, optimized for Web 2.0 functionality and easily deployed within SharePoint Server 2007 or SharePoint 2010 environment, depending on version
- Content: Convenient end user productivity training in a variety of formats (documents, videos, podcasts, etc.). Receive free quarterly updates of content that you will learn about through the Productivity blog.
- Blog: The Productivity blog offers tips and tricks for end user productivity. Use it as is, or your training staff can use the posts as their own to help them get started in running an internal blog.
- Train the trainer: Includes IT/Manager section to aid with deployment of the site collection, and guidance to develop the Coach program
- Products: Office 2007 and Office 2010 (including SharePoint Server 2007 and SharePoint 2010), Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8, Project, Visio, Live Meeting, and Communicator
You can also download additional content packages that expand the training materials you can make available through the Hub.
MCTS: SharePoint 2010 Configuration MCITP: SharePoint 2010 Administrator
- Marked As Answer by Aaron Han - MSFT Friday, August 13, 2010 1:25 AM
Tuesday, September 07, 2010 10:43 AM
Please can anyone direct me to where I can download the 2007 HUB V3.