Friday, May 11, 2012 3:17 PM
Hi, I am a student intern assigned a test environment
and researching methods to upgrade my school's SP07 to SP10.
We are running Server 2008 R2 with SP1 and SQL Server 2008 R2 with SP1
and SP10 Standard edition with SP1.
We have a single farm setting of which we have made a
copy. I have restored that db to SQL server and am
trying to mount the db to SP10. I have 52 errors, the first
being about a missing web template saying a site definition
is missing. All of the others, eg 2) and 3) below are all missing features.
1) Found 1 web(s) using missing web template 75817 (lcid 1033) in ContentDatabase TC3_Content
The site definitions with Id 75817 is referenced in the database TC3_Content but is not installed
on the current farm.
The missing site definition may cause upgrade to fail. Please install
any solution which containsthe site definition and restart upgrade if necessary.
2) Found a missing feature Id = 065c78be-5231-477e-a972-14177cc5b3c7
The feature with Id 065c78be-5231-477e-a972-14177cc5b3c7 is referenced
in the database TC3_Contentbut is not installed on the current farm.
The missing feature may cause upgrade to fail. Please install any
solution which contains the feature and restart upgrade if necessary.
3) Found a missing feature Id = 75a0fea7-d6d3-47bc-95be-1b26b5927180
The feature with Id 75a0fea7-d6d3-47bc-95be-1b26b5927180 is referenced
in the database TC3_Content
How would I correct the 1st problem and would it be in SP07 or SP10?
Would correcting the 1st address the missing features problem? Thank you.
Friday, May 11, 2012 4:11 PM
First, are these errors you are seeing with Mount-SPContentDatabase or Test-SPContentDatabase? I recommend running Test-SPContentDatabase before attempting Mount-SPContentDatabase to prevent partially migratoing your databases (for example if there is an error during the attach it will stop upgrading).
Next, addressing your errors. Have you installed all of the solutions from the SP2007 farm into the SP2010 farm? You will need to install all of the solutions into your farm. If you don't have original copies of the solution files (.wsp), you can extract them from the SP2007 farm with the SharePoint Farm Solution Extractor.
Friday, May 11, 2012 4:19 PM
Mount-SPContentDatabase - Test-SPContentDatabase ran just fine.
Apparently, all of the solutions from SP2007 are not installed on the farm.
I will get back to you as soon as I speak to my admin guy about whether
there are original copies of the .wsp files.
I will look into Farm Solution Extractor for SP2007 in the meanwhile.
Thank you for your rapid response.
Monday, May 21, 2012 2:33 AM
According to your situation, there are two methods you can choose. One is removing the problematic features, the other is installing the missing feature.
There are two tools which can help removing the missing feature, the first one is Stefan Gossner’s extremely useful tool, WSSRemoveFeatureFromSite. The second one is SharePoint Feature Administration and Clean Up Tool on codeplex.
For the detailed information, please refer to the following article:
Rock Wang TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Rock Wang– MSFT Monday, May 21, 2012 11:12 AM
Monday, May 21, 2012 6:46 AM
May be you have to check with solution installed on the moss 2007 machine
Ca <operation > solution management
Get the list of the solution used by the site
deploy the same solution to your new sp2010 ENv
then go with mount-spcontentdatabase
hope so this helps