Tuesday, December 20, 2011 9:41 AM
Hi, i'm trying to configure a content source in the search administration panel of a Sharepoint 2010 installation, to crawl an exchange public folder.
When i start the crawl, the system throw me this error:
The start address exchange://[path] cannot be crawled.
Context: Application 'FAST_Search_Connector_Search_Service_Application', Catalog 'Portal_Content'
Error while crawling LOB contents. (0x8004fd11)
The user configured to crawl the public folder have the correct permission.
Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:38 AM
Sharepoint cannot crawl both sharepoint sites and file shares/exchange folders in the both content source.
And sharepoint cannot crawl the same start addresses more than once in the same search service application.
For more information about crawling, please refer to:
Thursday, December 22, 2011 7:32 AM
the content source that refers to the exchange public folder doesn't have any sharepoint sites/file shares defined. The only path defined is the exchange public folder address.
Also, the search service application is configured with only one start addresses for each different path to crawl. To define the content source and the crawl for the exchange public folder i've followed the following article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee806927.aspx, but without success.
Friday, December 23, 2011 7:26 AM
Please make sure you have configure it correctly. please check your configuration based on:
Friday, December 23, 2011 7:30 AM
yes i've followed the article you posted, as you can see from my previous reply.
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 5:52 PM
Did you find a solution to your problem? I am getting the same error and have not had much luck finding a solution.
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:52 PM
i'm sorry but for now i've stopped any testing on crawling exchange public folder, because the migration project to sharepoint 2010 had the priority on this.
After the end of the migration i'll surely start again with this task, but i think i will open a microsoft case on this, due to the poor documentation online.
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 9:50 PM
Thanks for the reply!
Friday, July 27, 2012 8:14 PM
did you ever get resolution to this? This problem just popped up in our environment.
Saturday, July 28, 2012 12:09 AM
If you want to crawl the exchange public folders, use RB or RBS protocol....
Used to index Exchange Server public folders
Used to index Exchange Server public folders over SSL
Saturday, July 28, 2012 4:39 PM
Thanks for the reply, but no dice. I think those protocols have been depreciated for SP2010:
Error while crawling LOB contents. ( The URI prefix is not recognized.)
But thanks for the suggestion!
Saturday, July 28, 2012 4:43 PM
It's one of two things, either the SP server is making malformed requests to OWA or OWA is returning errors or malformed responses. Since the behavior is the same in spdev and spprod, talking to the same prod Exchange servers, I'm leaning towards it being an Exchange issue.
Sunday, July 29, 2012 9:58 AM
if you found the solution let us know, because i'm stucked on this since months.
Monday, July 30, 2012 3:13 PM
Well I fired up Wireshark to take a look at the conversation between Exchange and SharePoint. From what I see, Exchange is returning valid data and SharePoint's Filter Daemon is choking on it, for some reason.
I think I'm going to burn a support ticket for this.
Tuesday, August 07, 2012 8:50 PM
I haven't called MS yet, but I did notice that in our environment, it seems that the public folders that were upgraded from Exchange 2003 still are being crawled. It's only the folders that we have created since migrating to 2010 that won't crawl.
Wednesday, August 08, 2012 6:10 AM
Hi Scott, in my environment i have Public Folders only create after migrating to 2010 so i cannot test it.
If it's "work as intented" i'm sure it was a bug and MS should release a fix for this.
Let me know if you contact MS with a support ticket.