Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:44 AM
I have installed SharePoint server 2010 in my server (windows 2008 R2), on that time I have provided an administration privilege to that installation account (AD Account) (identity account).
The same account I have used in multiple areas like Central admin, Web front End, DB installation, SMTP configuration etc.
I have seen the account is referring in multiple services and app pools are run in this same account.
Now I need to change the privilege from administration to least.
I don’t have any idea about the impact.
And how to do the following activities/ analyzer
- What are all the areas it will impact
- How to change the privilege
- What is the procedure (which one is a first ,which one is a second activity)
- What are all the steps need to follow
- Where ever need to change that details
- Is it possible to change the password for this account?
- Account swapping is possible?
- It is possible to changes from this account to any other new least privilege account.
Kindly help me for these activities are successfully complete.
Thanks in advance. J
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 3:37 AM
From your narration, I suggest you plan them from the begin instead of changing them in the middle. Because changing service accounts has impacts on your farm.
For more information about installing SharePoint 2010 using Least Privilege Service Accounts, check out the following articles:
Rock Wang TechNet Community Support
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 5:22 AMAlso check out: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/8666.sharepoint-2010-best-practices-en-us.aspx
- Marked As Answer by Rock Wang– MSFT Friday, June 01, 2012 7:01 AM