Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:41 AM
Everything was fine till yesterday. all of sudden from yesterday night "Event 5586 - Unknown SQL Exception 0 occurred. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below. Cannot generate SSPI context." and "Event 5240 - There was an error in communicating with Excel Calculation Services http://xxxxxx:32843/6f25d2cc8644415288e94cf7f4a11d6e/ExcelService*.asmx exception: An error has occurred. [Session: User: xxxxx\xxxxx]." has recorded in event viewer all the night and from the morning the following two error messages has been recorded in event viewer like 20 times per hour in event viewer.
1. Event ID: 2159: Event 5240 (Excel Services Application) of severity 'Error' occurred 11 more time(s) and was suppressed in the event log
2. Event Id: 2159 Event 5586 (SharePoint Foundation) of severity 'Error' occurred 22 more time(s) and was suppressed in the event log
I have checked everything database permissions, database size, everything is fine. checked logs couldn't find much info about these errors. i can access all the sites in sharepoint i couldn't find any problems while opening documents or site pages in sharepoint
please help me in resolving these errors.
- Edited by Sharedata Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:42 AM modified the question
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:08 AM
Please check if the user in [Session: User: xxxxx\xxxxx] had done something wrong using Excel Services Application.
Also, please check the corresponding service account and application pool account permissions.
- Marked As Answer by Seven M Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:02 AM
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 8:32 AM
Resloved this. The problem is with the service account used for excel service application. I have done a IIS RESET, Rebooted the server, restarted the excel service but none of them helped. I have noticed that all the application pools which are using this service account were stopped. I have reset the password for the service account to the same old password and it started working.
- Marked As Answer by Sharedata Wednesday, April 27, 2011 8:32 AM
Friday, February 24, 2012 4:35 PM
Recycling application pools helped me too. :)
Thank you very much.
Friday, April 13, 2012 10:58 AM
Restarting Excel Calculation services helped resolve the issue for me!
SharePoint 2010 SP1 with SQL 2008.