Web Browser Pop-ups

Question

• Hi all,

why WebBrowser blocks pop ups and how do i prevent it prevent it? I have a web Browser which i am making for a company and they have a special popup to record the sites each user is going on. They use IE right now and my software is meant to replace it without blocking the popup. How do i do that?? The popup might be javascript or php or any other codes...

Plz Help!

Thursday, September 14, 2006 12:16 PM

All replies

• the WebBrowser control uses the IE engine as the core engine. The way you could prevent the popups is to configure the popups in the Internet Explorer options. Any settings set there applies to the WebBrowser control also since it uses IE's engine I believe
    Thursday, September 14, 2006 1:08 PM
  • hi, thx for the reply.

but maybe u misunderstood me. i want to prevent the web browswer from blocking the popup. in other words, i want to let the popup through.

Saturday, September 16, 2006 5:47 AM
  • not sure about this one then since the settings used in IE are used in the WebBrowserControl...I guess you could look through the document when the page has been completed on loading then launch the popup window...
    Saturday, September 16, 2006 8:52 AM
  • well, i think the popup is written in java or javascript... would that help in any way to solving the problem?
    Monday, September 18, 2006 11:28 AM
  • well, i think the popup is written in java / javascript.. would that help in any way?
    Monday, September 18, 2006 11:29 AM
  • Using some of the advanced interfaces in the webbrowser control, you should be able to set up a different configuration hive for it. You can then differentiate the settings for your application (allow pop-ups), from those from IE (don't allow pop-ups).

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 8:28 PM