Post feedback, questions and suggestions related to Released (RTM) versions of WCF Data Services Framework (formerly known as ADO.NET Data Services and Project "Astoria").
Important: ASP.NET Security Vulnerability
Over the weekend the ASP.NET team released a Microsoft Security Advisory about a security vulnerability found in ASP.NET:
The WCF Data Services team looked into the issue and don’t believe there is any additional exposure to the vulnerability beyond what is exposed by ASP.NET. However, if the WCF Data Service is hosted in ASP.NET, it is quite possible that the vulnerability is present. If any users use the ASP.Net encryption logic to hide sensitive information from the client and use that encrypted data to make decisions in the WCF Data Service, they can run into this issue. Below are few examples:
· If you use an encrypted cookie to make decisions to which database to connect in CreateDataSource method
· If you use an encrypted cookie to figure out whether the user is an admin rather than using RoleManager in the server
· If you use an encrypted cookie to apply business logic in change/query interceptors
For a complete description of the vulnerability, please read Scottgu’s post on the subject:
WCF Data Services Development Lead
Learn all about the Open Data Protocol (OData) -- the protocol used by WCF Data Services
New to OData? Go to http://odata.org to learn the nuts and bolts of the protocol, see who is using it today, and learn the scenarios that drove the creation of the protocol.
Latest Releases for WCF Data Services
Prerelease: Coming soon
WCF Data Services Voting Site Now Available!
The WCF Data Services team is beginning to explore improvements and new features for our next release. As part of this process, it’s critical that we hear your feedback, as it helps us ensure that what we build actually meets your requirements in real-world scenarios. To enable this we’ve launched a new site that will allow you to interact more directly with the development team and provide input: http://dataservices.mswish.net .
The site’s pretty simple and self-explanatory – you can add a new feature request or vote for feature requests that are already there. We hope you’ll try it out and vote on the features you most want to see added. Finally, as features move from ideas into actual development we’ll post our thoughts and ideas to the team blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/astoriateam
Lead Program Manager, Microsoft
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 365s liu Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:18 PM
- 91716Prabal Ghosh Wednesday, October 03, 2012 6:43 PM
- 373StePorritt Tuesday, May 14, 2013 11:53 AM
- 075siegfried_ Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8:00 PM
- 5275civic_ Monday, April 08, 2013 7:48 AM
- 181Salkav1804 Thursday, May 09, 2013 9:32 AM
- 3153justsnafu Friday, May 03, 2013 1:34 PM
- 176Salkav1804 Tuesday, May 07, 2013 12:35 PM
- 1169siegfried_ Monday, May 06, 2013 6:57 AM
- 1141GeoTask Thursday, May 02, 2013 7:32 PM
- 299sdnd2000 Sunday, May 05, 2013 2:51 PM
- 2124Uffe Lauesen Thursday, May 02, 2013 5:43 AM
- 2106John Crim Thursday, May 02, 2013 8:51 PM
- 0115Yara.Programmer Friday, May 03, 2013 5:01 AM
- 41133Woland2k Saturday, September 22, 2012 5:31 AM
- 1111Da1y Thursday, May 02, 2013 2:17 PM
- 1113shiftbit Wednesday, May 01, 2013 2:40 PM
- 142470Cyril_DurandMVPThursday, August 30, 2012 11:17 PM
- 3182Uffe Lauesen Monday, April 22, 2013 10:45 AM
- 5102Rana_Husni Wednesday, May 01, 2013 1:20 AM