For bugs and suggestions about Search features of MSDN and TechNet websites. For bug reports, please include the URL of search results page where the problem occurs. Note: Only Moderators can post to this forum currently.
Current Search Issues For Some ForumsHello,
Some of you have been experiencing issues when searching some of our forums. This is a known issue and we are working to fix it. Read more about it here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/threads/
We will update this announcement once the issues are resolved.
Welcome to MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Site Search Feedback forum!
Hi - Welcome to our new Search Feedback forum for search on the MSDN, TechNet, and Expression websites, which are web front-ends built on top of the Live Search API to search the MSDN, TechNet, and Expression websites-- and associated technical content like the Support Knowledge Base (KB) as well as community content like Forums.
Our UI is optimized for the specific needs of technical professionals looking for technical info. Feel free to send us your suggestions, bug reports, gripes, thoughts, etc.
If you are filing a bug report with our site search, please include the following:
1. URL where the problem is happening
2. Specific search query you are using
3. Browser type and version you are using
4. If another search engine returns better results than ours, please include the URL for *that* search engine so we can compare.
This info will help us track down problems quicker.
NOTE: This forum is only for feedback about our site's search feature. If you have feedback about specfic Microsoft products or other parts of MSDN or TechNet besides search, please visit the MSDN Forums, TechNet Forums, or Expression Forums home pages to find the out the best place to send your feedback.
Thanks again for using our search and caring enough to send your feedback-- your suggestions and bug reports help us get better!
Also check out the MSDN & TechNet Search Blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/msdnsearchblog/ for the latest news and updates about our site search.
Code Search Retired from MSDN Search
In the latest release for MSDN Search, we have retired the Search Code funtionality. We currently have a number of solutions including Library Code Examples and Samples, Galleries and Codeplex which allows our users to search and discover code. We are continuing to invest on a richer search experience as proven by the enhancements we have made to search results with added metadata such as ratings, downloads, clicks. Here are some examples:
Stay tuned for further improvements in MSDN Search in the coming year.
MSDN/TechNet Search PM
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 34351MKT44 Wednesday, December 05, 2012 2:14 PM
- 07530Ollie Drakeford Tuesday, August 07, 2012 11:14 PM
- 68439Gennady Vanin - Геннадий Ванин Новосибирск Wednesday, June 27, 2012 3:37 AM
- 04915Curious gal Monday, July 02, 2012 7:17 PM
- 013342Mark Chaffee Monday, February 27, 2012 12:57 PM
- 011181Terrence_ Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:58 PM
- 320787Sheng Jiang 蒋晟MVPSunday, January 30, 2011 5:28 AM
- 113651volleynerd Thursday, October 06, 2011 10:52 PM
- 016545DisplayNameAlreadyTaken Friday, August 12, 2011 8:03 AM
- 014620Yan_terry Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:07 AM
- 316774AndreAlvesLimaMVPWednesday, July 20, 2011 5:59 PM
- 036329bat_toad Friday, March 25, 2011 6:21 PM
- 019273WK1029 Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:14 AM
Explain the vulnerabilities and mitigations associated with various transmission media such as coax, UTP, fiber, etc.hbk714 Tuesday, March 22, 2011 9:53 PM
- 017911russ78x Tuesday, March 22, 2011 2:39 PM
- 018897glen1park Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:02 PM
- 019159trevor210 Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:26 AM
- 018331pewoodall Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:28 AM
- 017848debantle Monday, March 21, 2011 8:42 PM
- 119746Hudson98 Wednesday, November 17, 2010 5:56 PM