none
Missing meta data from API search results versus browser search

Question

• Hi all,

When using the Bing search API (web results only), the returning description does not include the meta data that I see in the web browser view.

Example: Bing search for "linkedin Borna Safabakhsh" returns:

Co-Founder & CEO at AgileMD ·Computer Software ·2 Empfehlungen

View Borna Safabakhsh's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Borna Safabakhsh discover ...

API web search returns:

https://api.datamarket.azure.com/Bing/SearchWeb/v1/Web?Query=%27linkedin%20Borna%20Safabakhsh%27

description=View Borna Safabakhsh's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Borna Safabakhsh discover ...

Why am I not being returned the Co-Founder & CEO at AgileMD? I should be receiving the same results as if I were using a browser?

Regards
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We appreciate you raising the concerns, I would like to point out that bing.com and Bing Search API do not provide feature or query results parity.

>> How can I access that META data through API?

Please feel free to submit feature suggestions to Bing forums.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 10, 2014 2:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When I search "linkedin Borna Safabakhsh" in my side, I didn't see "Co-Founder & CEO at AgileMD ·Computer Software ·2 Empfehlungen", the same in my side, from my experience, we should keep the API Bing Search region the same with web server location.

Hope this helps 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, February 27, 2014 8:59 AM
  • The server location doesn't matter, I'm referring to the meta data listed above the search result in grey. I'm guessing you see "Co-Founder & CEO at AgileMD ·Computer Software ·2 recommendations"

above the actual result "View Borna Safabakhsh's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Borna Safabakhsh discover ..."

To be totally clear I'm talking about the results returned through a BROWSER search versus API search.

How can I access that META data through API?
    Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:59 PM
  • bump
    Friday, February 28, 2014 12:50 PM
  • Not all Bing search features are exposed in the API. Let's see if someone from the Bing team considers this as a feature request.
    Wednesday, March 05, 2014 6:45 AM
  • Hi,

We appreciate you raising the concerns, I would like to point out that bing.com and Bing Search API do not provide feature or query results parity.

>> How can I access that META data through API?

Please feel free to submit feature suggestions to Bing forums.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu

Monday, March 10, 2014 2:38 AM