none
How can i change the LIVE ID associated with MSDN forums

問題

• IS there any way one can change the associated LIVE ID with MSDN forums.

Why do i ask?

I am registered through paras [at] student-partners [dot] com which is a LiVE ID given to a Microsoft student partner (MSP). Apparently, this LIVE ID, as decided by MSP program, is expiring - so i was hoping if it is possible to transfer my live ID to another account.

Thanks!

Paras Doshi ( Blog | Twitter

• 已編輯 Paras Doshi 2011年7月27日 下午 07:44
    • 已變更類型 Paras Doshi 2011年8月25日 下午 03:56
    • 已變更類型 Paras Doshi 2011年8月29日 下午 07:28
    2011年7月27日 下午 04:13

解答

所有回覆

• Click HERE and submit your information via our Site Feedback system. That way we can confirm who you are and reach out if we have any questions.
    • 已標示為解答 Sean Jenkin 2011年8月8日 下午 04:51
    • 已取消標示為解答 Paras Doshi 2011年8月22日 上午 03:21
    • 已提議為解答 jacksom3222Banned 2011年8月26日 上午 06:11
    • 已提議為解答 Rich Prescott 2011年9月2日 下午 01:18
    • 已標示為解答 Paras Doshi 2011年9月3日 上午 04:19
    2011年7月27日 下午 05:27
  • Click HERE and submit your information via our Site Feedback system. That way we can confirm who you are and reach out if we have any questions.
    Thanks! i just logged my request. Thank you for quick reply!

2011年7月27日 下午 05:43
  • Also, please remove your e-mail from your very first post to prevent SPAM.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    2011年7月27日 下午 07:13
  • Also, please remove your e-mail from your very first post to prevent SPAM.

My blog

Done! thanks.
    2011年7月27日 下午 07:47
  • Hi Sean

Why dont some MSFT member add this question to FAQ's for the MSDN forums, any way most of people will check that first. Just a suggestion.

Surendra

Nothing is Permanent... even Knowledge....
    My Blog
    2011年8月1日 下午 03:49
  • We have a FAQ update planned for September 1st. We'll get it added then. Thanks for the suggestion!
    2011年8月1日 下午 04:42

Hi! Thanks for pointing me to site feedback system, earlier. And yeah, so far i have not been contacted for the same.

Thanks for all the help.

• 已提議為解答 jacksom3222Banned 2011年8月26日 上午 06:12
    • 已提議為解答 adalb 2011年9月14日 上午 05:18
    • 已取消提議為解答 adalb 2011年10月26日 下午 09:37
    2011年8月8日 下午 06:01
  • hey. Just a heads up. I have not recieved any email regarding the procedure. can anyone please help? Thanks.
    2011年8月22日 上午 03:22
  • hey. Just a heads up. I have not recieved any email regarding the procedure. can anyone please help? Thanks.
    i think there might be a problem in the way i might have submitted data to site feedback. I think i will resubmit.

Paras Doshi ( ParasDoshi.com | @Paras_Doshi )

2011年8月29日 下午 07:27
  • I've got the same problem, but apparently, the ID I'm trying to switch to is "unavailable".  It's a unique ID that I use for everything else and when I called support, I was informed that the profile may have bee nstarted, but never completed, so I can't use it and was informed ot just use a different e-mail.  I've been looking for a way to just remove that live id/profile, but I can't seem to find any answers on how to do that and MS doesn't want to pursue that route.
    2011年9月1日 上午 03:34
  • Live ID changed! Thanks all. just submit your request to the link provided by sean jenkin. Thanks again.
    Paras Doshi (ParasDoshi.com | @Paras_Doshi)
    • 已編輯 Paras Doshi 2011年9月4日 上午 06:48
    • 已標示為解答 Paras Doshi 2011年9月4日 上午 06:48
    2011年9月4日 上午 06:47
  • Just a quickie - does this apply also to the Answers forums, or do we have to jump through further hoops for them? :)

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    2011年10月24日 上午 10:53
  • I would like to change the email id associated with my forum profile without losing the points and achievements accumulated over a period of time. I submitted my request on the link provided

Click HERE and submit your information via our Site Feedback system. That way we can confirm who you are and reach out if we have any questions.

I hope that is the way to go...

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

2012年1月4日 上午 07:00
  • I would like to change the email id associated with my forum profile without losing the points and achievements accumulated over a period of time. I submitted my request on the link provided

Click HERE and submit your information via our Site Feedback system. That way we can confirm who you are and reach out if we have any questions.

I hope that is the way to go...

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

yeah - when they changed the id for me - my points and achievements were not lost. 

Paras Doshi (Blog: ParasDoshi.com | Twitter: @Paras_Doshi )
    2012年1月4日 上午 07:20
  • Is there a way to combine two accounts?  I have an old account that can no longer receive emails to, but it has about 15K points.  I would like to combine that account with my current working account if that is possible.
    2012年3月9日 下午 06:29
  • I think right now there is no Merge functionality of the accounts, unfortunately. 

My blog

2012年3月9日 下午 06:43
  • That is consistent with what I was told the last time I asked this, too.

2012年3月9日 下午 06:45
  • If you can still log in with that account, you can change the notification email account (I've had to do that), so that at least you get notifications of new posts to the threads.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth

2012年3月9日 下午 07:51
  • Is there a way to see what account my old e-mail address is tied too or why I can't create an account using it?  Before, I was able to change my sign-in e-mail to my current one for work.  Now, I will be moving companies and want to just use my g-mail.  I want to find a way to change it again.  When I use the method of doing so as told to me before, it tells me that I cant because that signin is in use.  When I try to use password recovery, it says the account doesn't exist.
    2012年3月9日 下午 08:57