how to profile a CLR profiler

問題

• I have a CLR profiler written in C++, that is used to profile C# programs.  I want to profile the profiler itself, and for the profiler code get a statement count for each line of C++ code; I'll settle for boolean ("I've been executed.") if that's all I can get.

How do I go about doing this?  I want to run the C# program, and as a side effect get the profile data for the C++ profiler loaded by the CLR.

My experiments with VisualStudio 2010 "Analyze>" hasn't turned up anything that seems to work, but maybe I haven't dug deep enough.

Thanks for any help!

• 已移動 spacewrangler 2012年3月4日 下午 03:38 (From:Building Development and Diagnostic Tools for .Net)
    2012年3月2日 上午 12:16

解答

• Hi RobertHenry,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

The Visual Studio Profiling Tools let developers measure, evaluate, and target performance-related issues in their code.

Since I’m not an expert about the CLR profiler, so I’m not very sure whether the Visual Studio Profiling Tools can profile it. But if you want to know more about the Visual Studio Profiling Tools, this is a useful MSDN document about how to Analyzing Application Performance by Using Profiling Tools. Hope it can help.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

2012年3月5日 上午 10:16
    版主

所有回覆

• Have a look into Semantic Designs http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/Profilers/ they may have a profiler that helps as they do code coverage for C# and C++ and may have a utility that would help
    2012年3月4日 上午 06:05
  • Hi RobertHenry,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

The Visual Studio Profiling Tools let developers measure, evaluate, and target performance-related issues in their code.

Since I’m not an expert about the CLR profiler, so I’m not very sure whether the Visual Studio Profiling Tools can profile it. But if you want to know more about the Visual Studio Profiling Tools, this is a useful MSDN document about how to Analyzing Application Performance by Using Profiling Tools. Hope it can help.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

2012年3月5日 上午 10:16
    版主
  • Hi RobertHenry,

Any update? Could you get useful information from my reply?

Would you mind letting us know the result of the suggestion?

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

2012年3月9日 上午 01:44
    版主