TSWA work item tabs not behaving as expected

問題

• I am having a problem with one of our custom workitems in one of our projects.

We migrated our legacy Bug reporting system into a Historical TFS Project which is only used for reference which required a custom workitem to replicate the view of the previous tool. We did not create a TFS SharePoint portal due to not requiring any of its functionality which is not required (as far as i know) to use the TSWA to view the workitems if you do not have VS2010. Within VS2010 The workitem looks fine with everything viewable however only the default "Details" tab is viewable. As soon as you click another tab nothing is displayed.

I have viewed the source of the page and can see the content that is not being displayed with the Detail tab being visible with styling style="width:100%;" and the other tabs that are not working with styling of style="position:absolute;left:-500000px;top:-500000px;visibility:hidden;width:100%;"

Now i can only assume that there is some javascript which is changing the styling to display/hide each tab as you click on each of them but for some reason this is not working on this 1 workitem. I can confirm that a second custom workitems on the same TFS project is working as expected with regards to the Tabs so i am baffled as to what is going on.

Please can anyone help with this?

Thanks

2012年2月7日 下午 01:04

解答

• Should have looked longer before posting. The issue was that when migrating I was dynamically building a table in html to insert into a TFS HTML field however the logic did not insert any rows so basically the field had an open and close tag with no rows ie: <table></table>.

This then caused, when inserting into the History control, a <Table ... /> which caused the web page to incorrectly render and any HTML after that was corrupted to the point that nothing else would show.

Lesson learnt!!! Do not insert empty table tags into a TFS HTML workitem field

2012年2月7日 下午 02:53

所有回覆

• Interestingly when i try and create a new item, even though they are locked down so nothing can be populated, when i click on the tabs they are displayed as expected.
    Also some Items are working and some are not. Some of the fields i migrated using the API have XML so maybe whats happened is that its intefering with the HTML of the workitem when it is rendered.
    2012年2月7日 下午 01:22
  • Should have looked longer before posting. The issue was that when migrating I was dynamically building a table in html to insert into a TFS HTML field however the logic did not insert any rows so basically the field had an open and close tag with no rows ie: <table></table>.

This then caused, when inserting into the History control, a <Table ... /> which caused the web page to incorrectly render and any HTML after that was corrupted to the point that nothing else would show.

Lesson learnt!!! Do not insert empty table tags into a TFS HTML workitem field

2012年2月7日 下午 02:53
  • Hi Madmaximillion,

Thanks for sharing the experiences here, which will be helpful to other community members.

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

2012年2月8日 上午 01:05