Problem Administering remote controller: Cannot connect with controller

問題

• I've been searching but have had no luck finding any answers. I'm trying to connect to a remote test controller and keep getting the following error:

---------------------------
    Microsoft Visual Studio
    Cannot connect with controller 'testload'. If the controller service is not started you may be able to start it by clicking the restart rig button.

The following error was received

An error occurred while processing the request on the server: System.IO.IOException: The write operation failed, see inner exception. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The message or signature supplied for verification has been altered

at System.Net.NTAuthentication.DecryptNtlm(Byte[] payload, Int32 offset, Int32 count, Int32& newOffset, UInt32 expectedSeqNumber)

at System.Net.NTAuthentication.Decrypt(Byte[] payload, Int32 offset, Int32 count, Int32& newOffset, UInt32 expectedSeqNumber)

at System.Net.Security.NegoState.DecryptData(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, Int32& newOffset)

at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ProcessFrameBody(Int32 readBytes, Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ReadCallback(AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.BeginReadMessageCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
    OK  

When I run on that machine I can connect to it (locally) just fine. Any ideas or pointers would greatly be appreciated.

2009年9月1日 下午 05:55

所有回覆

• Hello,

As the error message mentioned, have you ever tried verifying that if the controller services on that machine has started?
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    2009年9月3日 上午 04:11
  • Yes, the controller and agent services are running on that machine.
    2009年9月3日 下午 03:22
  • When does this error occur? after clicking menu item Test--Administer Test Controllers? Could you please tell us more detailed information and verify the firewall.

Here is an article, you can refer to it and verify the steps to see if it will help you resolve the case.

If there are any results, please tell me.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    2009年9月4日 上午 08:56
  • The error happens after loading the "Administer Test Controllers" dialog and typing in the name of the remote controller machine. I have verified that the firewall is off and went throught the article you sent and everything seems setup correctly.

I am running Windows 7, 64 bit and decided to try to connect from a WinXP 32 bit machine and it worked just fine! I'm not sure if that helps any.

2009年9月8日 上午 02:00
  • You could refer to these posts to see if they can help you.
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vststest/thread/5b68c72b-caff-4937-aeb8-07fb6e5fb03c
    http://blogs.msdn.com/edglas/archive/2006/09/06/reading-32-bit-counters-on-a-64-bit-machine.aspx

2009年9月8日 上午 02:45
  • I tried the suggestions in those articles but still have the same problem. Here's my setup:

My PC: can't connect
    Windows 7, 64 bit
    Visual Studio Team System 2008

Test Rig:
    Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition, 32 bit

Other PC: can connect
    Windows XP, 32 bit

The error looks like it is something with remoting, but I have been unable to find any real evidence.
    2009年9月8日 下午 02:41
  • Strange,

I am having a very similar problem, but doing something totally different.

I have a WCF service in production that is running on Windows Server 2003 SP2, 32 bit

Users can connect to it from Windows XP and Windows Vista, both 32 and 64 bit.

Users can connect using Windows 7 to the service, for a little while, until their machine has all of the latest updates installed.  After that, they are not able to authenticate, because they get the error:

<Exception>

<ExceptionType>System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</ExceptionType>

<Message>An error occurred while transmitting data.</Message>

<InnerException>

<ExceptionType>System.IO.IOException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</ExceptionType>

<Message>The read operation failed, see inner exception.</Message>

<InnerException>

<ExceptionType>System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</ExceptionType>

<Message>The message or signature supplied for verification has been altered</Message>

<StackTrace>

at System.Net.NTAuthentication.DecryptNtlm(Byte[] payload, Int32 offset, Int32 count, Int32&amp; newOffset, UInt32 expectedSeqNumber)

at System.Net.NTAuthentication.Decrypt(Byte[] payload, Int32 offset, Int32 count, Int32&amp; newOffset, UInt32 expectedSeqNumber)

at System.Net.Security.NegoState.DecryptData(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, Int32&amp; newOffset)

at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ProcessFrameBody(Int32 readBytes, Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.StartFrameBody(Int32 readBytes, Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.StartFrameHeader(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.StartReading(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

</StackTrace>

<NativeErrorCode>8009030F</NativeErrorCode>

</InnerException>

</InnerException>

</Exception>

2009年9月16日 下午 05:52
  • I have the same problem with .NET 2 Remoting from Windows 7 to Windows 2003 R2 SP2, 32 bit.  I opened a case with MS three weeks ago, but haven't heard back since opening the case.  I'm hoping that when they released on Oct 22nd it'll have the fix.  There isn't a lot of people reporting this error, though.  This apparently keeps clients on Windows 7 from communicating with servers on Windows 2003.  I wonder if this error occurs with servers running on Windows 2008?

My error:

An error occurred while processing the request on the server: System.IO.IOException: The write operation failed, see inner exception. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The message or signature supplied for verification has been altered

at System.Net.NTAuthentication.DecryptNtlm(Byte[] payload, Int32 offset, Int32 count, Int32& newOffset, UInt32 expectedSeqNumber)

at System.Net.NTAuthentication.Decrypt(Byte[] payload, Int32 offset, Int32 count, Int32& newOffset, UInt32 expectedSeqNumber)

at System.Net.Security.NegoState.DecryptData(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, Int32& newOffset)

at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ReadCallback(AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.BeginReadMessageCallback(IAsyncResult ar)

2009年9月25日 下午 10:15
  • Here is the solution for the problem I had, courtesy of Microsoft.

Please check if the Win2K3 server has KB968389 installed. If so, please try uninstalling it and set the registry key as follows:

1. Delete “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\SuppressExtendedProtection” if exists

2. Change “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\LmCompatibilityLevel” to 2 which is the default value on Win2K3 server.

Then reboot the server and check the result.

Extended Protection for Authentication

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;968389

2009年9月30日 下午 02:23
  • This solved the Visual Studio problem as well, thanks for sharing the solution.
    Per
    2009年10月2日 上午 08:14
  • I checked the server and KB968389 is not installed. I checked the registry settings and the "SuppressExtendedProtection" key does not exist and the "LmCompatibilityLevel" is set to 2. Still not working. Thanks for the info.
    2009年10月2日 下午 12:33
  • I replaced my Win 2003 installation with Win 2008 and as we might expect it worked fine.  So, clearly the problem is how Win 7 communicates with Win 2003.  I know everyone watching this thread probably doesn't have the luxury of upgrading the OS, but that clearly fixes the problem.
    2009年10月3日 上午 01:27
  • I know this post has been going on for a while now, but here's just in case some poor guy/gal out there's experiencing the same issue:

Background:

I had successfully installed the mtm tool, regularly verifying/exercising our team's application with it.

Action recording or coded UI test created against:

• Browser: Internet Explorer 7

CodedUI playback using:

Behaviour:

1. I began noticing that the playback on the Win7/IE8 test-agent machine, didn't recognise some of the UI controls i.e. button clicks etc, I also
    2. Received a 'your password will expire soon .. pls reset' msg on my recording machine - so I ..
    3. Reset my password, then
    4. Downloaded & installed the 'VS2010 - SP1', after which ...
    5. The Win7 'test agent' machine began showing up as status: 'Disconnected.'

Checking the machine's event logs showed the following msg (edited to show only relevant info.):

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        VSTTAgent
    Date:          17/01/2012 17:03:32
    Event ID:      0
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      mymachinename.mydomainname.com
    Description:
    Unable to connect to the controller on 'myTestController:6901'. The read operation failed, see inner exception.
    The message or signature supplied for verification has been altered
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns=" http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event ">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="VSTTAgent" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-01-17T17:03:32.000000000Z" />
        <EventRecordID>8302</EventRecordID>
        <Channel>Application</Channel>
        <Computer>mymachinename.mydomainname.com</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>Unable to connect to the controller on 'myTestController:6901'. The read operation failed, see inner exception.
    The message or signature supplied for verification has been altered</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

... (the resolution seems obvious in retrospect) but I tried quite a few suggestions submitted above & on various blogs, ensuring:

• the relevant passwords were correctly set
    • the relevant userIds had permissions & had been added to the appropriate groups for the appropriate test-controller/test-agent combinations

The resolution:

... but still the behaviour persisted. Then I read the comment from 'Brandon Ryan - Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:23 PM' above, but thought to myself "Get this wrong and there goes all the hard earned test/dev team rapport, credibility & goodwill down the toilet"; so I attempted one last thing.

1. I uninstalled, then re-installed the 'Microsoft Visual Studio Test Agent 2010 Configuration Tool' on my Win7 test agent machine and thankfully that did the magic.

Result: My Win7 test agent machine status is back to being: 'Online'

I know this marks just one mile-stone, with possibly many more challenges ahead, but alas me hearties ... 'this dragon be slayed' ;) Hope that little anecdote entertained and helped yous? Goodluck me hearties!

• 已編輯 KehindeO 2012年1月19日 上午 11:00 .. corrected a typo on line one
    2012年1月19日 上午 10:59