Async CTP 3 - Fresh computer - Install finishes unexpectedly - Doesn't work

問題

• Hello,

I'm having trouble getting the Async CTP to work.  The installer quits unexpectedly about half way through.

In visual studio, the keywords are recognized (no squiglys and I have intellisense) but I receive a ton of weird syntax build errors when using the keywords (such as missing semi-colons and parenthesis').

I can confirm the following:

• I did not/do not have the silverlight SDK
    • I had the following hotfixes installed, and uninstalled them:
    1. KB2635973
    2. KB2549864
    3. KB2581019

I've attempted the following to fix:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled CTP 3 several times (with reboot)
    • Uninstalled all mentioned hotfixes in other articles

Here are my file versions as mentioned in this article (though I did not install the 'refresh' so I'm not sure it applies - the version numbers are higher):

• csc.exe: 4.0.30319.517
    • vbc.exe: 10.0.303.19.517
    • msvbide.dll 10.0.40219.1
    • AsyncCtpLibrary_Phone.dll (my samples folder is absent)

Here are the hotfixes I still have installed:

Hotfixes

Uninstalling and reinstalling visual studio is not a solution I'm ready to accept, as my computer will just get setup from the same image that didn't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated it.

• 已編輯 Vice Aversa 2012年7月13日 上午 01:09 Fixed SS
    2012年7月13日 上午 01:08

解答

• I bit the bullet and went through the process of uninstalling everything.

I started with any remaining hotfixes and other visual studio updates (I left C++ hotfixes alone).

Then one by one, I uninstalled anything related to visual studio, including SP1, ASP.net MVC 2 and 3, and SQL tools.  I don't think the order is going to matter here.

I reinstalled Visual Studio, then SP1 and finally Async CTP 3.  The installer took a few minutes longer, got past the half-way mark and opened up the webpage found in my documents.

Hope this helps someone.

• 已標示為解答 Vice Aversa 2012年7月13日 下午 06:50
    2012年7月13日 下午 06:50

所有回覆

• I bit the bullet and went through the process of uninstalling everything.

I started with any remaining hotfixes and other visual studio updates (I left C++ hotfixes alone).

Then one by one, I uninstalled anything related to visual studio, including SP1, ASP.net MVC 2 and 3, and SQL tools.  I don't think the order is going to matter here.

I reinstalled Visual Studio, then SP1 and finally Async CTP 3.  The installer took a few minutes longer, got past the half-way mark and opened up the webpage found in my documents.

Hope this helps someone.

• 已標示為解答 Vice Aversa 2012年7月13日 下午 06:50
    2012年7月13日 下午 06:50
  • Hi,

This might help.

http://jaliyaudagedara.blogspot.com/2012/03/how-to-install-async-ctp-v3-properly.html

Happy Coding.

Regards,

Jaliya

Jaliya Udagedara(MCPD) http://www.jaliyaudagedara.blogspot.com

2012年8月29日 上午 11:53