We have a sharepoint farm with 2 Web Front ends. We recently tried to switch away from using the built in Windows NLB, to having our Forefront TMG array do the load balancing. Once we made the switch, the reporting web part only works on 1 of the WFEs. If a user gets sent to the second WFE, the report viewer web part fails with error "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized."
Our environment is setup as follows:
2 Web Front Ends:
Sharepoint 2007 SP3 with latest CU installed
SSRS 2008 R2 - Sharepoint Integrated
Reprting Services Integration: https://NLBHost.mydomain.com/reportserver_virtualname & Trusted Account
AAM set for NLB host name
Host file Edited on each WFE: Set NLBHost.mydomain.com to local server IP (NOT the VIP)
rsreportserver.config: Add hostname/URLRoot for NLBHOst, Modify authenticationTypes for NTLM only (<RSWindowsNTLM/>)
.NET NTLM: cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/##/root/NTAuthenticationProviders “NTLM”
1 DB Server:
SQL Server 2008 R2 (Part of failover cluster)
2 Forefront TMG 2010 Servers in Standalone Array (Edge Firewall / web proxy)
I can access reports internally on either server, using both the host name, and the NLBHost.domain.com. Both work without issues, but as soon as I try and browse the reports externally, they fail on 1 web front end with "HTTP status 401: Unauthorized". This has to be a doublehop issue, but I can't figure out what is causing it or how to fix it. Is there any settings I missed for setting up SSRS in Sharepoint Integrated mode using NLB/NTLM?
- 已编辑 Jsilveri 2012年5月1日 16:22
I see another thread in this forums with same kind of issue. Please look at that here and let me know if you need any further help.
Phani Note: Please vote/mark the post as answered if it answers your question/helps to solve your problem.
Thanks for the reply. I took a look at the thread, but it doesn't appear to be the same issue.
In my environment, everything is working perfect, except when a user tries to access the reports externally. The reports work locally on both Web Front Ends, using both the server name and the NLB host name. I can access any of the report server connection settings inside CA with no issues at all, and can edit the DM connection as well. The only time I recieve the HTTP 401 error is when trying to run the reports externally on the WFE.
Here is an article about Reporting Services SharePoint integrated troubleshooting for your reference, especially the 5.4 section:
If this issue still persists, I recommend you open a case with Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) (http://support.microsoft.com), so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist you in a more efficient manner.
TechNet Community Support
- 已标记为答案 Elvis LongMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator 2012年5月15日 5:31
Please add identity impersonate = true in the web.config and let us know.