While configuring database mirroring between two servers, the grant permission on endpoint is working only when sql is running under network service.. But we need to have the sql running under domain account to configure database mirroring( The sql service needs to be run under the same domain account in both the principal and mirror servers).
Second issue i start the database mirror it gives an error as " The server network address"server1. partners.......:5022" can not be reached or does not exist.Check the network address name and the ports for the local and remote endpoints are operational.(Microsoft SQL error, Error:1418).
I have googled for this issue but all the fixes which suggested are done by me but nothing works out.
1. Enable firewalll
2. Open TCP port
3. we are able to ping server using telnet
4. End ponts create and permission is given for the domain account
5. sql service are running under this domain account
Can some suggest some input here to fix the issue
One thing to try, is when you create the endpoint use WINDOWS for AUTHENTICATION. An example would be:
CREATE ENDPOINT Mirroring_Endpoint STATE = STARTED AS TCP ( LISTENER_PORT = 5022 ) FOR DATABASE_MIRRORING ( AUTHENTICATION = WINDOWS, ENCRYPTION = SUPPORTED, ROLE=ALL);
You'll need to ensure the SQL service accounts are granted access to the endpoint as well e.g.
GRANT CONNECT on ENDPOINT::Mirroring_Endpoint TO [domain\sqlserviceaccountuser];
2012年4月21日 5:04I have done using the telnet , both the servers are able to talk to each other and also created the endpoints for the windows authentication
2012年4月23日 4:34If you want to setup database mirroring using Windows Authentication mode (am I right?), you need to add each other server's service account as a login, and grant it with CONNECT permission on the mirroring endpoints. For more information, see the following Books Online documentation: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms175883.aspx.
Best Regards, Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP http://dimantdatabasesolutions.blogspot.com/ http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/
If Telnet works I am about 95% sure that this is a permission issue... Can you script out the mirroring endpoint from both servers and post the output?
SQL Server Database Engine Service account should have connect permissions on your Endpoints. Let me know, if this helps :)
SKG: Please Marked as Answered, if it resolves your issue. (b: http://sudeeptaganguly.wordpress.com)
2012年4月23日 12:43Can you able to telnet on specific port (5022) bi-directional from principal - mirror - witness (if exists) ?
we have configured Mirroring as per the senario you are looking for, the steps followed are
1) On the folder ( where all Databases are present ) given full control permission to DOMAIN user account ( principle and mirror server )
2) Started the SQL server service on both the servers ( principle and mirror server ) with same DOMAIN user Account
3) Logged on both servers with DOMAIN User Account ( on mirror to restire database and tlog )
4) connected to SQL server ( using Managemnet studio on principle server ) with windows Authentication
5) verified that able to telnet on port 5022
6) Created End points and configured mirroing