none
Sync Service giving Network Error (tcp_error)

问题

• Hi,

I have a Sync service running in azure and I am able to connect to it from my mobile device and download/upload the data. It is up & runing for more than 1 months. But from yesterday it's giving error while trying to download data from a mobile device. I am trying to access the download url from browser, getting the following error:

<big>Network Error (tcp_error)</big>
    A communication error occurred: ""
    The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

Can somebody help what's the issue. It's an UAT issue and need an urgent solution. Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards

Kakali Gupta

raich

2012年3月13日 9:18

全部回复

• have you checked that the Web role hosting your service  in Azure is indeed up and running?
    2012年3月13日 10:49
    版主
  • Yes, Webrole is up and running.

Anyway I have re-solved it by de-provisioning the database and again provisioning it.

Not sure what was the root cause of this issue. But I cannot do this in production environment.

Thanks & Regards

Kakali Gupta

raich

2012年3月13日 11:14
  • have you changed database schemas? that's one probable reason to break the sync if the scope definition no longer matches the actual schema.

if its still in UAT, you might want to enable Sync Framework tracing so just in case the problem occurs again, you have information at least to figure out what went wrong.

2012年3月13日 11:23
    版主
  • Yes, I have changed the schema few days back, but then I have de-provisioned and provisioned it. But during provisioning it took long time, may be not properly done.

Please let me know how to enable Sync Framework tracing.

Thanks & Regards

Kakali Gupta

raich

2012年3月13日 11:26
  • Well, I just enabled in config: config.UseVerboseErrors = true;

And tracing is working only for the classes of my project (without wrapping the Service with WCF Service Contract). But not for the trace from the sync toolkit. Not sure why.

Thanks & Regards

Kakali Gupta

raich

2012年3月20日 6:32