none
Live SDK - SDRV.MS

General discussion

• As part of my application, the user is able to upload images. At present it uses a variety of other image hosts, but I want to add SkyDrive. I have it uploading the image fine, that's all working no problem. However, that returns a REALLY (REALLY) long URL to the actual image.

My question is, is there any way to use the SDRV.MS url shortening service? I need to return a URL to the user, but I seriously don't want to use the long version. I've also tried getting a link to the URL (shared_read_link) etc... but that just returns a long URL to (albeit not as long).

Obviously I could use bit.ly or whatever, but I really (without going into much more detail) need to return an sdrv.ms one.

Any way of doing this please?
    Friday, May 11, 2012 8:25 PM

All replies

• There was an update on the website this week to enable users to get a short URL... is this filtering down to the API at all?

I want to add the ability to let users upload to Sky Drive... Actually I have added that feature already... but I am not going to release that code until sdrv.ms url shortening is available.
    Friday, May 18, 2012 9:52 AM