none
Cannot remove duplicate files in AppManifest.xaml

Question

• I have attempted to upload a new application XAP file to the marketplace, but keep getting an error saying there are duplicate files in my AppManifest.xaml file. The only assembly parts in the said file are shown below. Other than that, there is not much of anything else in this file. I have tried to rebuild and clean and build, but I keep getting the same error. This is for Windows Phone 8 application built in Release using AnyCPU. 

<AssemblyPart x:Name="Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile" Source="Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart x:Name="Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.UI" Source="Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.UI.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart x:Name="Microsoft.Phone.Controls.Maps" Source="Microsoft.Phone.Controls.Maps.dll" />

Thanks for any answers to this problem!

Saturday, November 10, 2012 4:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using the latest Ad SDK?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8729

Have you removed all References to WP7 related DLLs including the Ad SDK, and then re-added the new References?

Does the MarketPlace Test Kit report anything helpful?

-Mark

Mark Chamberlain Sr. Escalation Engineer | Microsoft Developer Support | Windows Phone 7

Monday, November 12, 2012 7:58 PM
  • Did you ever find an answer to this? I am having the same problem when adding the Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile reference to use AdErrorEventArgs. If I remove this reference from my .xap file, the submission to the Marketplace works just fine.

Any help appreciated.

C# Professional

Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:28 PM
  • I am only using the latest SDK, I never program in WP7 before, I started from scratch with WP8.

I am trying rewriting the application but still having the same problem, I check through the entire xap file and I do not have a duplicate of this file.

What is the MarketPlace Test Kit???

Sunday, July 07, 2013 5:24 PM
  • As soon I have found the problem, I will let you know.
    Sunday, July 07, 2013 5:24 PM
  • I do not know why during the compile in when Visual Studio create the xap file if you have Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.dll and Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.UI, it seems to create the AppManifest.xml as follow:

<Deployment xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/client/2007/deployment" xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" EntryPointAssembly="Breastfeeding" EntryPointType="Breastfeeding.App" RuntimeVersion="4.7.50308.0">
      <Deployment.Parts>
        <AssemblyPart x:Name="Breastfeeding" Source="Breastfeeding.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart x:Name="Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile" Source="Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart x:Name="Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.UI" Source="Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.UI.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart x:Name="Enums" Source="Enums.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart x:Name="InterfacesLibrary" Source="InterfacesLibrary.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart x:Name="Microsoft.Phone.Controls.Toolkit" Source="Microsoft.Phone.Controls.Toolkit.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart x:Name="StorageLibrary" Source="StorageLibrary.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart x:Name="Microsoft.Phone.Controls.Maps" Source="Microsoft.Phone.Controls.Maps.dll" />
      </Deployment.Parts>
    </Deployment>

As you can see it put the Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.dll twice.

The same for the Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.UI.dll as well.

So every time you compile you have to remove the 2 extra AssemblyParts before you upload your package at the store.

By the way, the same problem occurs with VS2013 too.

I think something should be done about this problem which occurs in every version of VS, whether express or full version.

• Proposed as answer by GiWorking Monday, July 08, 2013 11:28 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by GiWorking Monday, July 08, 2013 11:29 PM
    • Proposed as answer by GiWorking Monday, July 08, 2013 11:30 PM
    Monday, July 08, 2013 11:28 PM
  • I do not know why during the compile in when Visual Studio create the xap file if you have Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.dll and Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.UI, it seems to create the AppManifest.xml as follow:

<Deployment xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/client/2007/deployment" xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" EntryPointAssembly="Breastfeeding" EntryPointType="Breastfeeding.App" RuntimeVersion="4.7.50308.0">
      <Deployment.Parts>
        <AssemblyPart x:Name="Breastfeeding" Source="Breastfeeding.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart x:Name="Enums" Source="Enums.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart x:Name="InterfacesLibrary" Source="InterfacesLibrary.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart x:Name="Microsoft.Phone.Controls.Toolkit" Source="Microsoft.Phone.Controls.Toolkit.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart x:Name="StorageLibrary" Source="StorageLibrary.dll" />
      </Deployment.Parts>
    </Deployment>

As you can see it put the Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.dll twice.

The same for the Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.UI.dll as well.

So every time you compile you have to remove the 2 extra AssemblyParts before you upload your package at the store.

By the way, the same problem occurs with VS2013 too.

I think something should be done about this problem which occurs in every version of VS, whether express or full version.

Monday, July 08, 2013 11:29 PM
  • Look at the reply and the quote above.
    Monday, July 08, 2013 11:30 PM
  • Hi, I also had this issue. I was building my xna wp7 app on my vs2012 on my windows 8 machine and was getting Error2001 when I submit to the store.

Solution: I copied the solution onto my windows 7 machine and rebuilt the solution with my vs2010 express for windows phone and it submitted without incident.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:46 AM