none
Tile clock for Windows phone 7 and 8

Question

• Can just 1 developer make an app similar to HTC 8X's Live tile clock... I have very small clock on my Lumia, and I like that app a lot, I looked everywhere for that app, or just similar, but found nothing. I noticed that many people also needs this app. Is it so hard to make a large live tile clock just like HTC's???!?!?! Please does any1 know does this application exists or ...??
    Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:12 PM

All replies

• For that to work as expected the tile would need to be updated every 60 seconds. You're not going to be able to make an application that has a sustainable high-frequency tile update. 

Joel Ivory Johnson | http://www.j2i.net | Windows Phone Developer MVP
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.

Sunday, December 30, 2012 5:53 AM
  • Then how it works on HTC 8S? Is'nt it possible to "pull" or copy that clock app from HTC 8S so it can be installed on other windows phones?
    Sunday, January 06, 2013 4:53 PM
  • OEMs have access to functionality that 3rd party developers don't. There is also no way to copy an OEM applicaiton to another phone.

Sunday, January 06, 2013 4:54 PM
  • OK Thanks. And what is the max no of times a live tile can be updated within an hour (3rd party app ) ?

Sunday, January 06, 2013 5:00 PM
  • I believe you could register a Background Task to run every 15 minutes, so 4.
    Sunday, January 06, 2013 11:44 PM
  • I'm trying to write one. Just struggling with the graphics if anyone can help.

Trying to get large text displayed on the tile

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 10:20 PM
  • I'm trying to write one. Just struggling with the graphics if anyone can help.

Trying to get large text displayed on the tile

Did you get that you wont be able to make the clock accurate?
    Wednesday, January 09, 2013 11:33 PM