none
Could not load the assembly file: Microsoft.Phone.Controls.Toolkit.dll. (BLOCKED)

Question

• So I download a simple MS localDB sample from this site and EVERYTIME I compile I get this:

Could not load the assembly file: Microsoft.Phone.Controls.Toolkit.dll. This assembly may have been downloaded from the Web.  If an assembly has been downloaded from the Web, it is flagged by Windows as being a Web file, even if it resides on the local computer. This may prevent it from being used in your project. You can change this designation by changing the file properties. Only unblock assemblies that you trust.

I go into properties, unblock the assembly, click ok, re-compile. Visual Studio 2012 RE-BLOCKS the assembly. I remove the assembly and the reference. I retrieve the Windows Phone Toolkit from NuGet. I get the EXACT same error. Gimme a break. What is going on here?

Sunday, April 07, 2013 6:13 PM

All replies

• you need to look at the properties of the dll in windows explorer.  You will see a button which says unblock which you need to press.   I would check all the dlls in the folder
    Sunday, April 07, 2013 6:24 PM
  • Did you not read my original post? I already did that.
    Sunday, April 07, 2013 8:06 PM
  • Dont do it in the bin folder. You have to find it in the packages folder where studio is copying the dll from when it compiles. 

Maybe run a windows search to find all the copies of the file and make sure they all are unblocked

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 2:29 PM