none
Where is the "Windows Phone Update History" located?

Answers

All replies

• But I didn't find the Update History for Windows Phone 7.8 and Windows Phone 8 ...

That would be because no "update" has been released for either of these yet.
    (Windows Phone 8 is a new hardware platform, not an update for pre-existing hardware.)

Once a update is released I would expect it to be listed on the page you referenced.

-Eric.

Thursday, November 01, 2012 8:22 PM
    Owner
  • Once a update is released I would expect it to be listed on the page you referenced.

-Eric.

For WP8 I would expect: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/basics/update-history

There seems to be some confusion about the word "update" and "version" at MS. I would prefer "version-history" and not "update-history".

I need to know the version numbers of the first WP8 and WP7.8 releases for my DeviceInfo app (and the following updates of course as soon updates are available).

Lot of people (including MS representatives) claimed that WP8 and WP7.8 will be available October, 29th ... but today (2012-11-03) still nothing there in Europe?

--hfrmobile

Programming is a kind of art but not all programmers are artists.

• Edited by hfrmobile Saturday, November 03, 2012 8:24 AM fixed typo
    Saturday, November 03, 2012 8:23 AM
  • If you look closely you will see that the page in question does not list the RTM version of Windows Phone 7, which was 7.0.7004.0.

The Emulator images shipped in the release SDK have the RTM version of Windows Phone 8 OS. On the emulator, OSVersion.Version = 8.0.9903.0.

-Eric.

Monday, November 05, 2012 11:55 PM
    Owner
  • If you look closely you will see that the page in question does not list the RTM version of Windows Phone 7, which was 7.0.7004.0.

The Emulator images shipped in the release SDK have the RTM version of Windows Phone 8 OS. On the emulator, OSVersion.Version = 8.0.9903.0.

Thanks!

Well, the lists starts with Update 7.0.7008.0 ...

What about Windows Phone 7.8?

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 10:27 AM
  • But I didn't find the Update History for Windows Phone 7.8 and Windows Phone 8 ...

That would be because no "update" has been released for either of these yet.
    (Windows Phone 8 is a new hardware platform, not an update for pre-existing hardware.)

Once a update is released I would expect it to be listed on the page you referenced.

-Eric.

As feared (some months later):

1. Windows Phone 7.8 will be shipped end of January: No Windows Phone Update History?
    2. Already using Windows Phone 7.8 Emulator image: No Windows Phone Update History?
    3. Windows Phone 8 already released: No Windows Phone Update History?

For me it looks like that the person how is responsible for http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp7/basics/update-history has just forgotten to add Windows Phone 7.8 entries + new URL for WP8 ...

• Edited by hfrmobile Sunday, January 27, 2013 4:50 PM fixed typos, improved formatting
    Sunday, January 27, 2013 4:49 PM
  • FYI: Windows Phone 8 update history is available and there is a link to that page from the Windows Phone 7 update history page. 

-Eric.

• Marked as answer by hfrmobile Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:20 PM
    Monday, January 28, 2013 4:33 PM
    Owner