none
FileOpenPicker class on WP8?

Answers

• The FileOpenPicker in WP8 is simply a Windows Runtime wrapper over the same photo library functionality that's accessible from the managed PhotoChooserTask. We do not currently support choosing files other than photos or choosing files from other Store apps.
    Saturday, November 03, 2012 8:06 PM

All replies

• The samples on that page are for Windows 8. 
    Not all methods and properties of the class are implemented in Windows Phone 8... You need to read the remarks section on each property or method to see if it is implemented.

For example, PickMultipleFilesAsync has the following note in the remarks section:

--------------------------
    Windows Phone 8

This API is not implemented and will throw an exception if called.
    --------------------------

... but PickSingleFileAsync has no such remark.

For an example of using PickSingleFileAsync see: How to use the photo picker from a Direct3D app for Windows Phone 8

-Eric.

Thursday, November 01, 2012 7:43 PM
    Owner
  • The FileOpenPicker in WP8 is simply a Windows Runtime wrapper over the same photo library functionality that's accessible from the managed PhotoChooserTask. We do not currently support choosing files other than photos or choosing files from other Store apps.
    Saturday, November 03, 2012 8:06 PM
  • There is a Documents folder on my phone, how do I get my app to read files out of that folder?

As soon as the debugger hits  FileOpenPicker openPicker = new FileOpenPicker() it throws an exception.  This is suppose to work on WP8, right? 

• Edited by scarless Wednesday, November 07, 2012 12:26 AM
    Tuesday, November 06, 2012 11:53 PM
  • Why is this API not supported? What's wrong on giving readonly access to user-picked files? 

Almost all usable file extensions are reserved for file type association, so accessing SD cards is almost impossible, except for custom and some obscure files.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:58 PM
  • Hello Eric, Can't we read the Music, Picture, Video file?

Pallam Madhukar Windows Phone Developer

Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:48 PM
  • Hello Sean McKenna, Can't we read the Music, Picture, Video file?

Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:50 PM
  • Hello Sean McKenna, Can't we read the Music, Picture, Video file?

I would be interested in this too. Is it possible to access audio/video files stored in global folders with Windows Phone Runtime C++ code?
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:16 AM
  • Hello So, How can I give access to a downloaded file to my Windows Phone 8 App ???
    Saturday, January 26, 2013 1:23 AM
  • Hello So, How can I give access to a downloaded file to my Windows Phone 8 App ???
    Unfortunately, with the frustratingly limited Windows Phone platform, it looks like registering file associations with your app is the only way to go. I've just gone through this process only to hit another major roadblock; WP8 doesn't expose the ability to read from or create compressed folders (zipped files) which it can obviously do internally.
    Saturday, January 26, 2013 4:00 AM
  • On this page, it says this method is supported by WinPhone8. What's wrong with that?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/zh-CN/library/windowsphone/develop/windows.storage.pickers.fileopenpicker.aspx

要求

最低受支持的客户端

Windows 8 [仅 Windows 应用商店应用]

最低受支持的服务器

Windows Server 2012 [仅 Windows 应用商店应用]

最低受支持的电话

Windows Phone 8

命名空间

Windows.Storage.Pickers
    Windows::Storage::Pickers [C++]

元数据

Windows.winmd