none
Is it ok to use IsCellularDataEnabled in a Game to to display Ads

Question

• I was wondering if it would be wrong to prevent the player from playing your game if IsCellularDataEnabled equals false..So that Ads will be displayed... I get downloads like 10 a day and see no impressions so I'm thinking their Data Connection is cut off..

Friday, January 25, 2013 9:55 AM

All replies

• I was wondering if it would be wrong to prevent the player from playing your game if IsCellularDataEnabled equals false..So that Ads will be displayed... I get downloads like 10 a day and see no impressions so I'm thinking their Data Connection is cut off..

I don't know if that's prohibited, but I doubt that all the users of your application or turning off their data connections.  Just would seem to be a bit cumbersome. Also you'd be penalizing some one for loosing a data connection (which for me happens all throughout the day; coverage isn't continuous).

If you run the application on your device do you get any impressions? You may want to make sure that there's not something that is preventing it from working. 

Joel Ivory Johnson | http://www.j2i.net | Windows Phone Developer MVP
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.

Friday, January 25, 2013 6:17 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, yeah when I test the game on my phone I do get impressions and actually get a few cents..I agree that it would seem odd that everybody would turn off their data. Maybe they quit playing before impressions get noticed.. I guess I'll make a better Game ;)
    Friday, January 25, 2013 11:15 PM