none
Windows 8 phone call blocking app

Question

• Is there an app out there that blocks unwanted calls/texts that is compatible with the Window 8 phone?
    Wednesday, July 10, 2013 5:42 PM

All replies

• AFAIK is not posible. Because there isn't API for that.

Regards.

Christian Amado
    MCPD: Windows Phone Developer | Visit my blog
    Mark my replies as answer if helps you.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:10 PM
  • As per my knowledge , Currently , there is no app to do it ... The API currently doesn't support accessing call /call logs...

Senthil Kumar B
    Blog : MobileOSGeek.com

Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:37 AM
  • Sorry for digging old thread.

I'm retail Lumia 920 owner and have Amber update installed. However since my phone service provider is not selling any Windows Phone, it's not on the supported "Call+SMS Filter" carrier list (You'd think it should be opt-out instead of opt-in, but it's not).

I'm done and decided to check whether I can write my own and found this. So I want to ask that with Amber installed is it still impossible to write my own call block application? I'm MSDN subscriber so I have unlocked my phone for development and can have the development tools ready.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:55 AM
  • AFAIK is not posible. Because there isn't API for that. You can't develop your own Call block App.

Regards.

Christian Amado
    MCPD: Windows Phone Developer | Visit my blog
    Mark my replies as answer if helps you.

Monday, October 14, 2013 11:13 AM
  • Thanks.

Filed request on UserVoice to request them open the update to everyone then (as more user can benefit by just opening the update).

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:32 AM