none
Get list of files from SkyDrive folder

Question

• Does anyone know how to get a list of files for a particular SkyDrive folder? Currently I'm using the following snippet to try and get the files for the root SkyDrive folder:

var client = new LiveConnectClient(e.Session);

client.GetCompleted += (obj, arg) =>

{

if (arg.Error == null)

{

var data = (List<object>)arg.Result["data"]; 

List<string> files = new List<string>();

foreach (IDictionary<string, object> file in data)

{

files.Add((

string)file["name"]); 

}

}

};

client.GetAsync(

"me/skydrive");

However I always get a KeyNotFoundException for the "data" key. I don't understand why it isn't working for me - I'm using wl.signin and wl.skydrive_update scopes. I've also tried other skydrive folders but with no difference. Can someone please tell me what I am missing here?

Thanks,
    Robin

Monday, June 25, 2012 12:06 PM

Answers

• http://isdk.dev.live.com/ is a great playground. Hint: It also features a really good documentation. In the Interactive SDK select SkyDrive -> REST and enter things like "me/skydrive" or "me/skydrive/files".

You'll notive that "me/skydrive" doesn't have a ["data"] key and returns data about your root folder.
    On the other hand "me/skydrive/files" has a ["data"]key and returns data about the root folder's content, which is what you're after.

Monday, June 25, 2012 12:26 PM

All replies

• http://isdk.dev.live.com/ is a great playground. Hint: It also features a really good documentation. In the Interactive SDK select SkyDrive -> REST and enter things like "me/skydrive" or "me/skydrive/files".

You'll notive that "me/skydrive" doesn't have a ["data"] key and returns data about your root folder.
    On the other hand "me/skydrive/files" has a ["data"]key and returns data about the root folder's content, which is what you're after.

Monday, June 25, 2012 12:26 PM
  • Thanks - me/skydrive/files is the answer!
    Monday, June 25, 2012 12:58 PM