none
Windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI system, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks

Question

• Server 2008 R2 installation error "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI system, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks.

Windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI system, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks

How to fix this and install windows 8 as usual?? I have several partitions with data.. I don't want to delete all partitions and create partitions from the scratch and install the os..

How to achieve this?

Saturday, May 11, 2013 3:21 AM

Answers

• I had the same issue while installing server 2008 r2 on a dell T110 server.....without deleting other partitions or loosing any data on other drivers you can solve this problem... Troubleshooting steps will be similar for all windows having this issue..  simply I followed these steps using gparted and solved my problem.. for anyone having the similar issue, these steps will be useful....All steps i have documented here..

http://www.pcandtablet.com/windows-8-errors-and-crashes/846/windows-cannot-be-installed-to-this-disk-the-selected-disk-has-an-mbr-partition-tabl.html
    Saturday, May 11, 2013 3:22 AM

All replies

• I had the same issue while installing server 2008 r2 on a dell T110 server.....without deleting other partitions or loosing any data on other drivers you can solve this problem... Troubleshooting steps will be similar for all windows having this issue..  simply I followed these steps using gparted and solved my problem.. for anyone having the similar issue, these steps will be useful....All steps i have documented here..

http://www.pcandtablet.com/windows-8-errors-and-crashes/846/windows-cannot-be-installed-to-this-disk-the-selected-disk-has-an-mbr-partition-tabl.html
    Saturday, May 11, 2013 3:22 AM
  • soloved error Windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI system, Windows can only be installed to GPT 

this is very simple pease go to  this website""labtob.ir/?p=257""

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 2:25 PM
  • www.labtob.ir/?p=257
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 2:26 PM