none
Windows Home Server 2011 Web Connect Internal Exception, No Login

Question

• I am receiving the following warning in Event Viewer Application Log when I try to connect to my Windows Home Server 2011 Remote Web Access. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Event code: 3012 
    Event message: An error occurred processing a web or script resource request. The requested resource 'ZSystem.Web.Extensions,4.0.0.0,,31bf3856ad364e35|MicrosoftAjax.js|' does not exist or there was a problem loading it. 
    Event time: 5/21/2012 11:31:41 AM 
    Event time (UTC): 5/21/2012 5:31:41 PM 
    Event ID: f70e1df72364402e8ec52834dc0803d2 
    Event sequence: 66 
    Event occurrence: 7 
    Event detail code: 0 

Application information: 
        Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/Remote-2-129820939262557752 
        Trust level: Full 
        Application Virtual Path: /Remote 
        Application Path: C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\WebApps\RemoteAccess\ 
        Machine name: SOL 

Process information: 
        Process ID: 8940 
        Process name: w3wp.exe 
        Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE 

Exception information: 
        Exception type: ArgumentOutOfRangeException 
        Exception message: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
    Parameter name: utcDate
       at System.Web.HttpCachePolicy.UtcSetLastModified(DateTime utcDate)
       at System.Web.HttpCachePolicy.SetLastModified(DateTime date)
       at System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler.PrepareResponseCache(HttpResponseBase response)
       at System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpResponseBase response, String decryptedString, VirtualFileReader fileReader)
       at System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase context, VirtualFileReader fileReader, Action`2 logAction, Boolean validatePath)

Request information: 
        Request URL: https://********.homeserver.com:443/Remote/ScriptResource.axd?d=pI9GwK61yW6VMnB8tzeHXDal-fHc43w-0axeeSbUfhvf6629kFle0d75taT6AOk2CJf0Xbin0hyDuG9PPqMQQjveo7092Xt3ki8F3vUePtPIiy79j29DR82D4J4JoJtvsxq3B6ewNhJOv5E6MuriEM_7JYpAsw0IjcRcIhnNaoKsmA2e0&t=ffffffff868deddc 
        Request path: /Remote/ScriptResource.axd 
        User host address: 63.233.133.4 
        User:  
        Is authenticated: False 
        Authentication Type:  
        Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE 

Thread information: 
        Thread ID: 34 
        Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE 
        Is impersonating: False 
        Stack trace:    at System.Web.HttpCachePolicy.UtcSetLastModified(DateTime utcDate)
       at System.Web.HttpCachePolicy.SetLastModified(DateTime date)
       at System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler.PrepareResponseCache(HttpResponseBase response)
       at System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpResponseBase response, String decryptedString, VirtualFileReader fileReader)
       at System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase context, VirtualFileReader fileReader, Action`2 logAction, Boolean validatePath)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recent Changes to the Server:

Installation of the TFS Express 2011 Beta for home development testing.

I think is this the culprit, since a search for MicrosoftAjax.js places the file in the TFS installation directory. My issue is how do I resolve this error or obtain the correct version of this JavaScript file and make the Default Web Application reference it?

Thanks

Monday, May 21, 2012 5:49 PM

All replies

• Additionally on the remote web page, there is no login prompt provided, but the rest of the page appears to load correctly, including the custom background image.
    Monday, May 21, 2012 5:59 PM
  • I'm afraid I don't have a fix for this, but I am also experiencing this issue, for the same apparent reason.
    Sunday, May 27, 2012 11:07 AM
  • I have the same problem, too. After installing/uninstalling tfs 2011 i cant login to my home-server anymore :(
    Monday, May 28, 2012 9:35 AM
  • I'm going to investigate this and will report back.  If anyone knows, did this happen with the TFS 11 Beta or is this new to the RC?

Monday, June 11, 2012 3:23 PM
  • If you uninstalled TFS 2012 and it is still a problem, can you uninstall Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 from the Programs and Features control panel and see if that resolves this?
    Monday, June 11, 2012 10:02 PM
  • It's the beta that I experienced this issue with; the "tfs_express.exe" installation bootstrapper was signed on 15th February. I haven't tried the RC. It wasn't yet available when I tried my install.

Just uninstalling the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 didn't solve the problem, but it was the root of the solution. After uninstalling 4.5, I had to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 from Windows Update, run aspnet_regiis -i, change the settings of the Application Pools in IIS to use v4.0, as they'd all reverted to using v2 of the .NET Framework, and finally reboot the server. Once I'd performed all these tasks, I was able to log in to the Home Server successfully using the remote access web page.

I would very much like to make use of TFS, to the extent that if I had to choose between it and using the remote access page, I would choose TFS; but obviously I'd prefer to have both. If there's anything more I can do to get both working together, that would be great.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 12:01 AM
  • Although it seems this must be a .NET Framework issue, rather than TFS as such, it remains an issue with the RTM versions.
    Friday, August 17, 2012 10:14 PM