none
user profile service failed the logon windows 2008

Question

• Hello,

I am getting this message "user profile service failed the logon windows 2008" when I try to connect with my domain logon cred's.

Here is the eventvwr details:  "
    Widows cannot copy file C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent to location C:\Users\somhar.runw\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent. This error may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights.
    DETAIL - Cannot create a file when that file already exists. "

I verified the C:\users folder and there is no somhar folder exists. After that i tried to create manually somhar folder but still I am not able to logon with my domain account.

I am able to logon with my local admin account without any problems....

Is there any group policy which shows this kind of behavior??
    Or is my Win2k8 OS was corrupted??

Thanks
    soma

Monday, May 25, 2009 11:59 AM

Answers

• I got the solution for my specific problem...

here is the steps to resolve

Click on Run and then type Msconfig

Go to the tools Tab, scroll down to find click on Launch to Disable UAC (requires reboot)

Thats it....

Thanks
    soma

• Marked as answer by Somakorimi Thursday, May 28, 2009 7:29 AM
    • Edited by Somakorimi Monday, June 08, 2009 6:04 AM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 10:34 AM

All replies

• I got the solution for my specific problem...

here is the steps to resolve

Click on Run and then type Msconfig

Go to the tools Tab, scroll down to find click on Launch to Disable UAC (requires reboot)

Thats it....

Thanks
    soma

• Marked as answer by Somakorimi Thursday, May 28, 2009 7:29 AM
    • Edited by Somakorimi Monday, June 08, 2009 6:04 AM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 10:34 AM
  •  

Hi,

Ran in to the same problem. I am also not able to use Remote Desktop from my WIN7 system to logon to the Win 2008 R2 Server.

I created another copy of the default folder (under c\ Users), renamed the old one, changed the new one to "default" and ....... it worked.

I was able to logon locally & remotely. Thx.

• Proposed as answer by Kerry B. _ Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:07 PM
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 9:04 AM
  • That worked for me.

Thanks

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:52 AM
  • Hi Soma,

I faced the same problem and disabled UAC as u adviced, it worked. Thanks a lot.

Thursday, August 04, 2011 12:49 AM
  • I just had this problem with a few Windows 2008 Servers.  I tried the solutions above but it didn't work.  I found out after some digging into the Event Logs, that it was McAfee HIPS that was stopping the creation of the user profiles.  It only stopped new users who had to create a new profile.  I turned off HIPS and the person was able to log in and create their profile.  I turned on HIPS and the user was able to log in again.  The HIPS admin had to put in a new rule to allow all new profiles to be created for all of the other servers.  When in doubt, turn off HIPS.
    Friday, December 02, 2011 11:16 PM
  • Worked !!!

Thanks

Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:03 PM
  • This was my issue.

Steve Schaff Discover Technologies, LLC

• Proposed as answer by sainimuk Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:45 AM
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 3:03 PM
  • I created SID again in below registry key and it worked for me: ot you can export profile from other machine which is in same domain and having same SID cretaed. It will work.

'regedit' then locate 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList'

• Proposed as answer by _Jorgen Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:04 PM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:47 AM
  • In my case  I got this error on windows 2008 R2, and found it was a space issue on C drive. Cleared space, issue resolved.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:57 AM
  • I created SID again in below registry key and it worked for me: ot you can export profile from other machine which is in same domain and having same SID cretaed. It will work.

'regedit' then locate 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList'

in addition I copied the default profile folder, renamed it to the username and cleared hidden & read only attributes.

The profile folder itself was missing too. just (file) copying did not work.

Clearing the registry gave this "worse" error.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:06 PM
  • I tried all the solutions provided here and none of them were successful. I got the SID and tried to delete both the SID....BAK registry key as well as the SID registry key but I couldn't delete the SID registry key. REGDELNULL of SysInternals wasn't successful as suggested by Microsoft nor was REG DELETE Registry Key.

I finally got the registry key removed by unloading it. REG UNLOAD Registry key and voila, problem solved.

• Proposed as answer by Slash_WW3 Monday, January 06, 2014 11:42 AM
    Monday, January 06, 2014 11:41 AM